Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

My bad in that respect. The attached screenshot is from the exchange with a number of contributors involving the FB entity "Sustain Isle of Man" who heavily advocates windpower on the Island to such a degree that one would suspect skin in the game, possibly seeking to acquire Govt work. The consumers are not the reason that the MUA is in debt however, they are merely the victims IMHO.

There are also frequent defences of and deflections from Mr. P. in this entity's posts. Does anybody know who is behind this "Sustain IoM" ?

Screenshot_20240627-180344_Facebook.jpg

Yes he’s a crackpot. Also posts on this platform would be my guess. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cambon said:

That was my point. My other ways of trying to point out what the real output of a 20MW wind farm will produce fell on on deaf ears to those I was reaching out to. What I have provided and shown above is what the manufacturer expects it to produce, which is that a 20MW wind farm is actually a 8.5MW wind farm. People need to understand this before any windmills are installed anywhere. 

I think the people on here who make sensible posts are well aware that 20MW is the maximum output. I am sure the MUA do. 

Just now, Moghrey Mie said:

Alf Cannan waffling about Climate Change Board. Suddenly Education is a priority and Daphne Caine can't do more than one job.

Yet other ministers seem to manage. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/govt-climate-advisory-body-likely-to-be-repurposed/

Best news for a long time.  What has the CAB actually achieved, other than try to make life difficult?

24 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Alf Cannan waffling about Climate Change Board. Suddenly Education is a priority and Daphne Caine can't do more than one job.

Yet other ministers seem to manage. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/govt-climate-advisory-body-likely-to-be-repurposed/

He’s going to recycle the Climate Advisory Board into something else. Just in time before they bankrupt us 😂

Edited by Idleweiss

23 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Spent a great deal of money with little to show?

Agreed.  No pragmatic approach at all.  Am I right that no-one can put a fossil fuel boiler in any new build now? Fantastic, so how do you heat new homes?  Heat pumps?  Are they that efficient? 

What has been missing from the strategy is an understanding of the intermediate steps necessary to reach net zero and the ability of ordinary people to achieve that without huge cost.  Completely flawed strategy which starts from a non-existent base. 

In favour of net zero, ideologically, but there has to be a practical route map.  However, the "knit your own muesli" brigade have had both the strategy and budget under their ineffective control.

• Like 2

What was it, a £42M budget out of the £400M?

For ranks of "Blue Carbon Officers, Upland Carbon Officers, Farm Carbon Officers" et al. Producing precisely what other than reports and paperwork to justify their own positions? They will have created more carbon than they have ever reduced.

It is a self-propogating and self-expanding industry.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Agreed.  No pragmatic approach at all.  Am I right that no-one can put a fossil fuel boiler in any new build now? Fantastic, so how do you heat new homes?  Heat pumps?  Are they that efficient? 

What has been missing from the strategy is an understanding of the intermediate steps necessary to reach net zero and the ability of ordinary people to achieve that without huge cost.  Completely flawed strategy which starts from a non-existent base. 

In favour of net zero, ideologically, but there has to be a practical route map.  However, the "knit your own muesli" brigade have had both the strategy and budget under their ineffective control.

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/business/opqp/sittings/20212026/2022-SD-0065.pdf