Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Burgess was on Phil Gawne's programme today.  I could not follow his argument, his style of delivery is irritating, to the point that you stop listening to the content and just listen out for the irritating mannerisms. 

Would like to hear from anyone who listened, and who could ignore the 'tics', to give a fair assessment of his arguments. 

Yes agree on the style of his delivery...but what was Burgess's like...?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cissolt said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/could-the-isle-of-man-government-breach-its-own-climate-laws/

100% decarbonisation by 2030?  It's almost like we passed a set of arbitrary measures with no budget or plan on how to deliver it!  All to appease a noisy tiny minority.

Andrew Langan-Newton has probably started putting together his case against Govt already. 

After this weekend where a number of foreign politicians have mistaken the manx flag for a nazi flag it is safe to assume that most of the rest of the world probably don't even know about the Isle of Man far less care enough to pull us up on any climate change missed targets 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

After this weekend where a number of foreign politicians have mistaken the manx flag for a nazi flag it is safe to assume that most of the rest of the world probably don't even know about the Isle of Man far less care enough to pull us up on any climate change missed targets 

It’s our own law though which is likely going to need amendments to the primary legislation because of the way it has been drafted. This will be costly and embarrassing. #winning

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chinahand said:

I personally know geographers, geophysicists and climate scientists who undertake similar work to that documented here 

https://theconversation.com/alaskas-top-heavy-glaciers-are-approaching-an-irreversible-tipping-point-233811

It's hard challenging work synthesizing and extrapolating complex data sets incorporating moraines, ice thickness, historic climate data and multiple other bits of information, often collected with considerable personal danger to the scientists from cravasses etc. 

All to be dismissed by the likes of Stu Peters. Ah the arrogance of ignorance. 

I’m not a scientist, but I know when milk is off without a peer reviewed paper with pesky footnotes and attributions, just like I know that expert scientists have been getting it massively wrong for decades. The climate is changing, agreed, my concern is that we’re spending tens of millions achieving absolutely nothing when we should be looking after Manx interests rather than pretending to be important to the global eco zealots.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I have just been reading the Orsted Mooir Vannin document pushed through my door today. They are talking of 100MW of power available to the island. Orsted are paying for the wind farm and paying iomg rent and taxes. This being the case, why are we wasting taxpayer money on Earystane, etc.? 

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

A one man noisy minority.  

You've got to appreciate his strategic positioning though.  Whichever way it goes, he'll win. 

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Has it increased in area by the exact same size as a Chinese Naval base by any chance?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I have just been reading the Orsted Mooir Vannin document pushed through my door today. They are talking of 100MW of power available to the island. Orsted are paying for the wind farm and paying iomg rent and taxes. This being the case, why are we wasting taxpayer money on Earystane, etc.? 

Yeah. I bet bet they will. And make a fortune at it at the same time. Are you that naive that you think they are offering something for our benefit. 

On shore wind is miles cheaper than offshore. We don't need offshore. We are tiny in terms of MW. We have lots of space. It's lovely and windy. 

Edited by Happier diner

34 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yeah. I bet bet they will. And make a fortune at it at the same time. Are you that naive that you think they are offering something for our benefit. 

On shore wind is miles cheaper than offshore. We don't need offshore. We are tiny in terms of MW. We have lots of space. It's lovely and windy. 

I am not naive at all. I just don’t see the point in bankrupting the country for the sake of the wrong wind farm in the wrong place.