Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

3 hours ago, NoTail said:

For the sake of saving arguments I presume we can all agree that global warming is a genuine thing,  it is a concern, and mankind has at the very least exasperated it, probably caused it. 

There can be some legitimate debate about how serious it is and the accuracy of the models, which are improving all the time as more data is collected. There can also be legitimate debate about what, if anything we can do.

I doubt you get us all to agree, because -

• some people would have to challenge opinions they formed decades ago
  • those people are more likely to be exasperated than the climate change, which mankind has exacerbated

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Is English your first language? It's defence not defense and he wasn't sure if he said those things or not. Just think license and licence.

So he offered to meet with Chie, who clearly has an axe to grind like yourself, to offer a defence which to me says putting things into the right context.

You always know when someone is caught out on here when they go for spelling.

Axe to grind?  they were just offended by the vile views expressed whilst on a public service broadcaster, and he knows it you know it so stop being a dick just cause he is your mate, I am sure your the sort that would sup a pint with hitler if he got his round in.

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

Is English your first language? It's defence not defense and he wasn't sure if he said those things or not. Just think license and licence.

So he offered to meet with Chie, who clearly has an axe to grind like yourself, to offer a defence which to me says putting things into the right context.

The criticism has no depth, no real meaning, Stu Peters is just 'sport' for some people, a mere play-thing for the virtue-signalling apology/cancel culturalists. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Maybe he shouldn't bite back? Just let them stew in their spittle.

I've thought long and hard about that approach Doc. Two things keep me biting.

1) I mostly enjoy the banter and bullshit on MF and value different opinions

2) If people are allowed to post nonsense about me without it being challenged, it becomes fact.

But you might be right.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Declan said:

Could that be because they've factored in the efforts already made and planned to combat climate change?

I really don’t know, since I believe that carbon emissions have increased rather than reversed? 
I may be wrong there but it’s something I read amongst the complex myriad of climate information.

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

You always know when someone is caught out on here when they go for spelling.

Axe to grind?  they were just offended by the vile views expressed whilst on a public service broadcaster, and he knows it you know it so stop being a dick just cause he is your mate, I am sure your the sort that would sup a pint with hitler if he got his round in.

It's more about you being deliberately obtuse. 

I can't remember stuff I said fifteen years ago and neither can you. As has been said folks like to take a pop at Stu and you're (not your) clearly one of them.

So instead of being a pathetic keyboard warrior why don't you ask to go along...?

Just now, P.K. said:

It's more about you being deliberately obtuse. 

I can't remember stuff I said fifteen years ago and neither can you.

Your beer addled brain might not but I can, all the same this is a man who was a 'profesional' broadcaster who needed to watch his words as the public would be listening, can you imagine a rape victim hearing some of the vile shit this man put out of his mouth about young girls in order to make some stupid 70's lads joke for clowns like you?

41 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Your beer addled brain might not but I can, all the same this is a man who was a 'profesional' broadcaster who needed to watch his words as the public would be listening, can you imagine a rape victim hearing some of the vile shit this man put out of his mouth about young girls in order to make some stupid 70's lads joke for clowns like you?

I'll mark you down as a 'possible' member of my fan club then. And I've never joked about rape, ever. I have three daughters and three granddaughters.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

• You seem to have a very flaky memory about any vile stuff you have broadcast in the past, so time will tell.
  •  

Ah yes, the personal insults always arrive eventually.

As it's all in the past how, exactly, will time tell...?

Curious.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Gary Glitter also has 3 children.

I'm not a particular fan of Stu Peters, but you are well out of order there.

But I suppose it carries on from TT spectators being 'gammon' and women 'Mrs Mingin'.

Why don't you try and debate your points without being insulting? You may get further.

• Thanks 4