Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

7 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I feel duly patronised by someone who can’t even spell my name.

I do genuinely apologise for putting an apostrophe in the wrong place.

I originally wrote, incorrectly, "Stu Peter's gut" and then added some more text compounding the error.

I've always admitted I cannot spell for toffee and basically type phonetically. So mea culpa.

But I don't apologise for looking down on you for your continued ignorance on this subject.

You have had multiple opportunities to actually learn but clearly don't want to.

As a public representative who clearly wants to make political capital from this issue that is disgraceful.

Edited by Chinahand
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Chinahand said:

I do genuinely apologise for putting an apostrophe in the wrong place.

I originally wrote, incorrectly, "Stu Peter's gut" and then added some more text compounding the error.

I've always admitted I cannot spell for toffee and basically type phonetically. So mea culpa.

But I don't apologise for looking down on you for your continued ignorance on this subject.

You have had multiple opportunities to actually learn but clearly don't want to.

As a public representative who clearly wants to make political capital from this issue that is disgraceful.

Stu was silly in his post.

That said is he making “ political capital” from a particular issue?
He is a politician and as such should make his position clear.

For goodness sake politicians come under enough fire for prevarication on any issue.

He unlike others has set out his position on the climate change thing. It’s refreshing whether you agree with him or not.

To accuse him of “ continued ignorance on this subject’  and  having “ had multiple opportunities to learn but clearly don’t want to “ is patronising in the extreme just because his views differ from yours. 

I’ve always regarded you as a measured contributor to these forums. Please don’t turn into a Hi Vibes version 2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Unfortunately TVOR this is not a matter of opinion. The climate change thing is a fact.

what to do about it may be subject to opinion.

Climate changes are always happening always have been,  for thousands and millions of years.

King Canute tried to demonstrate to his subjects how you can’t turn back the tide.

You have to just try and mitigate the effects.

Fortunately technological advances have added to our ability to do so. Building flood defenses for example ( Think Thames Barrier, that sort of thing)

Edited by The Voice of Reason

49 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Climate changes are always happening always have been,  for thousands and millions of years.

King Canute tried to demonstrate to his subjects how you can’t turn back the tide.

Fortunately technological advances have added to our ability to do so. Building flood defenses for example ( Think Thames Barrier, that sort of thing)

How do you mitigate a raise in temperature causing severe droughts in say central Africa potentially leading to either potential starvation or mass migration? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

King Cunute did not have the benefit of Stu Peter’s ( I did that on purpose ) expertise on matters of climate change. If he had then I don’t doubt the outcome would have been different and King Canute would have prevailed. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anyone said:

King Cunute did not have the benefit of Stu Peter’s ( I did that on purpose ) expertise on matters of climate change. If he had then I don’t doubt the outcome would have been different and King Canute would have prevailed. 

So many thick cnuts on this thread, the Cnut proverb was not even he with all his powers over ingerland, denmark and norway could not turn back the sea.

The biosphere 2024 award winners have been announced.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/biosphere-awards-2024-celebrate-sustainability-champions/#:~:text=A special mention was given,in the world of agriculture.

Earthscope, who are paid £1500 a month by DEFA, win a DEFA award. Perhaps the winner just shares a surname with a member of parliament so no need to declare an interest.

Screenshot_2024-10-04-10-23-18-92_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

• Like 1