Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

I'm not a particular fan of Stu Peters, but you are well out of order there.

But I suppose it carries on from TT spectators being 'gammon' and women 'Mrs Mingin'.

Why don't you try and debate your points without being insulting? You may get further.

What an absolute pile of tosh, I know several Mrs Mingins and in that instance was refferring to an actual incident that happened with an old lady I knew, just changed the name. I have spent enough time on the hedge to know that the population is largely ruddy faced old white men, and the point aboyt Gary Glitter having 3 kids is factual, anyone can have kids it does not make you a better person of itself. 

On 6/10/2022 at 10:28 AM, Chie said:

The thing is.

If the government really gave a damn they would be offering more incentives for people to engage with the world in a “greener” way. They could…

-Be offering more park and ride services using the smaller shuttle busses for those who live out of or on the edges of Douglas,

-They could offer a greater incentive for people to own an electric bike. At the minute you have to work for a company who is willing to purchase the bike and apply to the government for the grant. The difference between purchase and grant is then paid back out of your wages. They could instead offer that grant through local retailers to anyone wishing to purchase an electric bike without the need for any other company to be involved with the end buyer just paying the difference after the grant has been deducted. The current scheme is useless for people like me as the company i work for doesn’t engage with such a scheme yet i would love to own an electric bike.

-Install more electric charging points and encourage people towards buying an electric or at least hybrid vehicle. At the moment the two charging points on the north end of the prom would be pretty useless if three or more residents in that area decided to go electric. They should have numerous charging points all the way down the promenade and multiple ones in the multi story car parks. At the minute, anyone living in an apartment who’s car does not have access to household electric is not going to go electric no matter how much you want them to.

-Offer an incentive to purchase an electric or hybrid vehicle. Maybe something like a tax free purchase or deposit matching scheme.

-Talk with local farmers and ask if any of them have land that goes largely unused and would they be open to the concept of tree planting and wilding (not the type of wilding the morons at the council do) but finding ways to add more nature back to the land to make up for the nature we have already stolen.

-Offer a grant (if they don’t already i am unsure) for people who want to insulate their homes. I am not a member of insulate Britain by any means but if it can help people switch on the gas less often then a wins a win.

And more. Some may scoff at the above ideas and i am not an expert on the subject by any means these are just suggestions. But, we dont hear anything productive being mentioned. Just hot air from overpaid officials about reducing carbon.

@Stu Peters The problem is that you generally tend to come down on quite far on the right when it comes to some of your opinions and some of the things you believe. There are numerous reports and papers in the world that clearly show climate change to be a very real and very dangerous thing and yet you would rather believe a video posted online by the kind of person you would expect to believe in the earth being flat and Trump being the prophecy messiah to bring an end to the reign of the elected lizard people. The fact is, yes the IOM moving away from fossil fuels will probably not make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things but if every country or small nation thought along those lines no change would ever come. The more countries, even tiny ones like us, that actively make the change gives inspiration for other nations to follow suit. With you it’s the same repetitive cycle over and over again of utter oppositional bollocks. Here is a small but definitely not exhaustive list of things you have spouted that stick out in my mind..

-The tomato sauce YouTube pranks you stated as fact when on the air using this as a way to promote your narrative against those on the left.

-Calling a picture of some young teenage girls you found online “skanks” on your late show.

-On that same show comparing the picture to an older picture of a wife and child engaged in stereotypical gender role activities such as keeping the house clean and preparing a meal for their husband etc and indicating a strong preference for a return to that way of life.

-Putting the blame for young boys in school flipping up girls skirts back onto the girls. Stating that they should dress more moderately rather than advocating for the young boys be taught the value of respect and decency. Aka victim blaming.

-Fully believing in and promoting the weaponised version of “woke” rather than understanding its actual meaning and what those who consider themselves woke actually stand for not what you think they stand for.

-Speaking out on numerous occasions against marginalised groups in society without ever having really engaged with or spoken to anyone from those groups. Or truly understood the struggles that they face. I did invite you last year via a message on your late show to the pride event. Stating that you should come down and actually meet some of these people you seem to detest so strongly and listen to their stories. I did keep an eye out for you on the off chance that you might appear but sadly didn’t see you anywhere in the crowd. Personally i would have loved to have had the chance to sit down with you and actually discuss some of these matters face to face and given you the chance to actually engage with people like myself rather than just assume we are all hateful individuals that want to steal your freedom of speech (Hint: we don’t and we aren’t and that offer remains open).

And more.

You are in a pretty good position right now to bring about some actual positive change to this island on so many fronts and yet time and time again we find ourselves in the exact same situation.

Firstly, with regard to Stu Peters, I like him, and the fact that he actually expresses an opinion. I dont always agree with them, but appreciate that he actually expresses them. If only the rest ok our MHKs would do the same! 

Regarding the first part of your post, you have obviously been taken in by the Governments (pretty much world wide) propaganda and agenda. Electric vehicles of any sort are a money spinner. Electric bikes cost silly money for what they are. Cars even more so. The cheapest electric cars are around £30,000 plus registration, license, delivery, etc. means around £6,000 in tax to the government. Electric bicycle £400 tax to the government. 

Now, the central heating system in the average house creates as much CO2, or more than the family car. A few modern electric heaters will cost less than £200. The running costs, including the costs of maintaining and replacing parts in the central heating system are much lower. But this does not bring in big bucks for the government. So they bang on about cars and petrol, ground source heat pumps, things that bring them money in taxes. 

It is bullschitt. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Firstly, with regard to Stu Peters, I like him, and the fact that he actually expresses an opinion. I dont always agree with them, but appreciate that he actually expresses them. If only the rest ok our MHKs would do the same! 

Regarding the first part of your post, you have obviously been taken in by the Governments (pretty much world wide) propaganda and agenda. Electric vehicles of any sort are a money spinner. Electric bikes cost silly money for what they are. Cars even more so. The cheapest electric cars are around £30,000 plus registration, license, delivery, etc. means around £6,000 in tax to the government. Electric bicycle £400 tax to the government. 

Now, the central heating system in the average house creates as much CO2, or more than the family car. A few modern electric heaters will cost less than £200. The running costs, including the costs of maintaining and replacing parts in the central heating system are much lower. But this does not bring in big bucks for the government. So they bang on about cars and petrol, ground source heat pumps, things that bring them money in taxes. 

It is bullschitt. 

Makes you wonder why all these people committed to the so called green change 

haven’t already got a battery operated car/ bike and why they expect the tax payer to subsidize the purchase of the world saving miracles 

12 minutes ago, Markduc said:

Makes you wonder why all these people committed to the so called green change 

haven’t already got a battery operated car/ bike and why they expect the tax payer to subsidize the purchase of the world saving miracles 

Exactly. Last week, there was a convention of weather presenters, whom are mainly climate activists, in Austria. Most flew in for the occasion. 

Ironic? 

Edited by Cambon
Punctuation.

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Exactly. Last week, there was a convention of weather presenters, whom are mainly climate activists, in Austria. Most flew in for the occasion. 

Ironic? 

Always listen to a weather person they always get it right 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Markduc said:

Just a few climate crisis predictions, Nostradamus has nothing to be worried about 

9BAA7F6E-7B32-4FB1-B6A3-0504CF1E7E6E.thumb.png.ce3584926301bb71b700a21c18dc8ea7.png

The two biggest sets of predictions in that list (70s and early 00s) were met with reductions in CO2 output, which will naturally change the predictions.

https://ourworldindata.org/co2/country/united-states?country=~USA#per-capita-how-much-co2-does-the-average-person-emit

On 6/9/2022 at 1:06 PM, GD4ELI said:

Agreed 100%, but population control will not happen until things really get bad.

Also, this time humans have the scientific competence to realise what's happening. The big problem is convincing the stupid people.

The "stupid" people won't listen if you keep telling them they are stupid. Perhaps you should look at your own attitude.

44 minutes ago, Gizo said:

The annual IOM emissions day starts today, avoid Douglas to Peel as 1000 cars pollute the countryside all in the cause to promote hEaLtHy exercise..Bonkers!

Yes let's ban the Parish Walk now...

I bet you never used the environmental side to object to it before.  Probably more unhappy about road closures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

Yes let's ban the Parish Walk now...

I bet you never used the environmental side to object to it before.  Probably more unhappy about road closures.

Actually as a double finisher of the Parish walk I wholeheartedly support it. What I don’t support or agree with is the completely unnecessary number of support vehicles. 
when I completed it, there were few cars about, now every competitor has a support vehicle, furthermore there are enough tuck shops and water bowsers all the way to Peel, enough that support vehicles should be banned. A broom wagon is all that is needed to collect strays. Upon the Sloc a few medical stands along there will help any strugglers. 

I’ve seen competitors require food and water assistance on the fckn Ballahutchin, it’s completely utterly stupid and bonkers. 

• Like 1