Is climate change a fraud?

Banker

Caught a snippet of Phil Gawne's radio programme today and the MHK (Sarah Maltby, I think) was spouting about how Crogga shouldn't go ahead.  PG said but what about using the revenue to put in place sustainable energy initiatives?   Oh no, says SM, much better to create jobs in the economy to pay for that.  No, absolutely no, suggestion as to how these jobs would be created.  These people defy all logic. 

ETA Correction it was Joany Faragher.

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It looks like I was right, apparently the latest UN report states that global temperatures have not risen in fifteen years!

They published a report in 2013 that also said global temperatures have not risen in fifteen years.

Meanwhile in the desolate, frozen, wastelands of northern Ramsey, it is 16 C in the middle of summer.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Caught a snippet of Phil Gawne's radio programme today and the MHK (Sarah Maltby, I think) was spouting about how Crogga shouldn't go ahead.  PG said but what about using the revenue to put in place sustainable energy initiatives?   Oh no, says SM, much better to create jobs in the economy to pay for that.  No, absolutely no, suggestion as to how these jobs would be created.  These people defy all logic. 

I think it was Joney Faragher, total airhead! She has her followers though, all airheads!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

ETA Correction it was Joany Faragher.

I purposely didn't listen to this as when I heard it advertised I knew it would wind me up!

Defies all logic arguing that a potential £8bn is not in the best interests of the people of the Isle of Man.

No clue whatsoever about how the energy market works, or what a once in a generation chance this development is to have energy security at a reasonable price and brings high skilled jobs/opportunities to the Island 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

Saw an interesting meme yesterday about petrol/diesel prices, along the lines of 'nobody will buy an electric car when pump fuel is still affordable'. Sounds about right.

That extra 20p a litre really makes a £60,000 EV affordable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

I purposely didn't listen to this as when I heard it advertised I knew it would wind me up!

Defies all logic arguing that a potential £8bn is not in the best interests of the people of the Isle of Man.

No clue whatsoever about how the energy market works, or what a once in a generation chance this development is to have energy security at a reasonable price and brings high skilled jobs/opportunities to the Island 

The key word being potential, of course. The only people it's really in the best interests of are Crogga's shareholders. There is legitimate debate to be had about giving our national resources to a private company. I also have little faith in the Govt's ability to negotiate a reasonable deal for Manx people with Crogga. And the gas won't be available for another 10 or so years anyway.

If the gas is there, and if they can locate and extract without damaging the environment, and if the Manx public gets a considerable amount of the benefit, I'll be for it (though it may well come too late). My concern is most of those ifs will turn out not to work in our favour, and the Govt will use the whole exercise as an excuse not to develop energy independence because "Oh we're waiting to see what comes of the gas", and we'll be 10 years down the line with fuck all done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ellanvannin2010 said: