TT 2023

0bserver

4 hours ago, Declan said:

Don't put words in people's mouths. I'm not offended, I just think it's crass and tasteless. But say anything critical about any aspect of the TT and it triggers you, snowflake

Don't be so hard on him...

Haven't you noticed the poor chap is "confused" by almost every post they read?  I put it down to them starting on the booze at 9:30 every morning...   😄

(He was even confused by my post about buying health insurance cover when travelling from the UK.)

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You are missing the point. Its a monocoque shell exactly the same as the road car. Yes from that point on its heavily modified. But its roots are that of a road car. Its heavy and big. It has an engine in the front just like a road car. A formula one car bears no relevance to a road car. Its build from scratch, completely. Its made from a carbon fibre composite chassis. It has no roots of a road car.

If a TT car was built from scratch it would bear no resemblance from the Subaru that Higgins drove. It could be faster and lighter. Much faster and much lighter.

Don't forget that F! car design is strictly regulated and has to be done within a spec that is designed to stop it being too fast. If was an unregulated spec they would be much faster. An F1 car has to carry ballast to make its weight up to a minimum.

Coultards F! car was faster than Martins bike over 4 laps by.... 1 lap and 13 seconds. That's massively faster. I agree the gap would close on the TT course as its more suited to a bike than a circuit. But a custom made car could be faster

Certainly wouldn't describe an 1100kg car as heavy! But if we're going down the fantasy road, you could also use a much quicker motorbike...

5 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Catalogue of injuries from a rider who crashed at Joey's last year as reported here. Makes you think. Seems almost trivial after such a horrendous event but still pretty severe. 

We tend to forget how much has changed over the decades from medical assistance at the scene to air ambulance being able to whisk them off to UK trauma centres when every minute counts. Not to mention treatments and post-op care too. Lucky might not be the right term here but here he is 11 months later. 

5 hours ago, Steve_Christian said:

I believe points can be applied to IOM licenses from the U.K. and vice versa - changed some years ago. 

No. Not possible. 

It’s your Manx driving record that gets the points. Nothing else.

Disqualifications are reciprocal however.

3 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

We tend to forget how much has changed over the decades from medical assistance at the scene to air ambulance being able to whisk them off to UK trauma centres when every minute counts. Not to mention treatments and post-op care too. Lucky might not be the right term here but here he is 11 months later. 

Lovely chap too. Had the pleasure of meeting him earlier this year.

54 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

kind of hard to set off earlier when I drop the kids to school or do you suggest I open the school earlier?

Last day today isn’t it?

no big deal really.  It’s been busy when the schools were open for maybe two days

34 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Certainly wouldn't describe an 1100kg car as heavy! But if we're going down the fantasy road, you could also use a much quicker motorbike...

You could but you would reach the limit of traction much sooner. 4 fat tyres are always going to be able to accelerate faster, go round corners faster and brake later. Its just simple physics.

56 minutes ago, Max Power said:

A bit about the TT on TalkSport fromabout 21.20 with Mat Oxley on the risks and safety. 

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1685448000/1685457000/

Fantastic clip that! It's got the lot! Everest. Skiing. The London Marathon. They know the risks. Nobody forces them to do it. Brilliant. No testicles though. I was really anticipating some big ones there. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Sick of it now, can't wait for it to be over. Getting stuck in never ending traffic because some clown has ditched it on the mountain causing all traffic to come through Laxey/Onchan

Maybe you should transfer to the Plods social media team. Need some realism on it. 

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

I think one of the main difference is cost.   You can build a really fast bike for 10,000s.

But for a really fast car realistically you're looking 100,000s if not millions.