TT 2023

0bserver

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I've been surprised at the lack of 24hr a day open-roads course lapping by fans, in years past it used to be almost incessant, now you don't see much activity much before 9am and it's all quiet again by 6pm.

Sunday morning @ approx. 05:30 the noise was almost incessant along the Onchan and Laxey/Ramsey road.. And vicky verky after the racing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Could someone please tell me what the purpose of the Legacy TT lap was all about?

It’s a very good way of allowing people a ride over the mountain in a reasonably controlled manner, instead of the mayhem that could otherwise occur. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Could someone please tell me what the purpose of the Legacy TT lap was all about?

To remember all fallen riders, whether they died here and racing or of any other cause anywhere in the world.

Basically just a time for thousands to come together and enjoy themselves while remembering people who shared the hobby and passion who are no longer with us.

It was a great lap.  I saw people laughing and people shedding a tear.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

It's a thinly masked means of controlling what used to be the "Mad Sunday" rite of going ape shit around the course and thus reducing the number of deaths and serious injuries that arose as a result.

And a way of paying respects perhaps, for those so minded.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Oh no he’s been woken up again 😂

Your post was bollocks and factually very incorrect.  Again

Do some research or at least have a slight clue what you are talking about rather than posting massively inaccurate and just made up crap.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Your post was bollocks and factually very incorrect.  Again

Hey angry little man. This is the first time they’ve moved it to a Sunday and shut the road behind it to try to clog up the course on Mad Sunday so that hopefully less people die. That’s a fact. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Hey angry little man. This is the first time they’ve moved it to a Sunday. They’ve moved it to a Sunday to try to clog up the course on Mad Sunday so that hopefully less people die. That’s a fact. 

The road wasn’t closed you whopper.

• Haha 2