TT 2023

0bserver

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

That seems to be the format for every consultation document this Government has produced a lot of questions but always dodging the main issue.    Covering backs again so they can say the public were consulted.    The worst part of this blatant smoke and mirrors way of performing is that they believe the public are too thick to see through this spin and piffle.

Unfortunately the majority are!

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...

Over the weekend on Facebook Rob Callister and Lawier Hooper posted that DfE doesn't fund the Funfair. Lawier Hooper went on to say "but DfE supported with organising / permits etc - which is what I meant when I said DfE had made the decision not to fund it",  So that must mean DfE incurs expenditures to carry out this support, So they have taken away funding. 

Amazing that Government time is being taken up talking about a fucking funfair when the place is falling apart. 

We all complain when government over-reaches into the private sector (minibuses, Internet cafes etc.) So just leave this one to the private sector. 

If the demand is there, then a funfair will appear. If not, then it it won't and it's not government's job to provide one. 

Hooperman should be concentrating his time on Health and fixing the GP crisis.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

They absolutely don't give a toss about young people.

The funfair is not to everybody's taste (as can be seen by some of the comments on these boards) but - it had become an established part of the TT Festival as it was, it was part of the "fun factor". That "fun factor" comprising of events and attractions outside the racing has increasingly been consigned to the bin in the name of "The Government Grab". Anything else outside of The Government Grab is too much trouble.

When you look back at the TTs of the 90s and noughties and the atmosphere (caught on the videos of the time too) around them, it makes me wonder what our "Minister of Fun" of the time, David Cretney (maligned by some though he is) makes of the modern programme.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

it makes me wonder what our "Minister of Fun" of the time, David Cretney (maligned by some though he is) makes of the modern programme.

Totally irrelevant the world is a different place from the 1990's. Cretney is a political dinosaur.

• Like 3

The fun fair has no place on our fantastic, expensive new promenade 🤣 it is tacky. The walkway is in a bad enough state without all the heavy machinery that the fun fair entails.    In my naivety when the promenade project was first mooted some years ago I thought the walkway would be part of the plan for all the money it has cost it should have been.

28 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The fun fair has no place on our fantastic, expensive new promenade 🤣 it is tacky. The walkway is in a bad enough state without all the heavy machinery that the fun fair entails.    In my naivety when the promenade project was first mooted some years ago I thought the walkway would be part of the plan for all the money it has cost it should have been.

they can go up nobles park and chew the field up again

• Haha 2