TT 2023

0bserver

2 hours ago, RoundTheCourse said:

Houses were in the Isle of Man long before the TT was even thought of, many still lived in by the same family. Just because the TT has been around for as long as it has doesn't trump that.

This house is on the Billown circuit nowhere near the TT and the new owner has just bought it since last year.

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

And what?

And nothing. People are perfectly entitled to do things like buy a house next to an airport and then complain about the planes - just doesn't make a lot of sense really, but then sense is not something that you are particularly blessed with going by some of the shite you and your many aliases post on here.

43 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

I wonder what the new owner of Balladoole House did to annoy the Southern 100 organisers? And why their complaint has been taken down so quickly?

Iā€™ll pop in to welcome centre and ask - oh wait, itā€™s shut.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

And nothing. People are perfectly entitled to do things like buy a house next to an airport and then complain about the planes - just doesn't make a lot of sense really, but then sense is not something that you are particularly blessed with going by some of the shite you and your many aliases post on here.

Many aliases? Go on then, list them.Ā 
Ā 

what has a airport got to do with this, makes you wonder who has any sense?

3 hours ago, Harry Lamb said:

I wonder what the new owner of Balladoole House did to annoy the Southern 100 organisers? And why their complaint has been taken down so quickly?

For many years the previous owner let people cross his land to get from the holding area to the field towards the first corner. I believe a small bridge was built over the driveway to enable this. The new owner decided to withdraw that permission, as is their right.

I didnā€™t think the Facebook post was pissy at all- it was explaining why there was no access, telling people to respect their property, and warning people to go down before the roads close. Some of the comments left were more robust though, so no wonder they deleted it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ativa said:

You can see round most of the corners on the mountain. Ā There are long sections where those speeds are fine

Can you? Name them then. What if the car or bike ahead drops oil, something falls off a vehicle? Something escapes from a field? A pedestrian crosses the road? I doubt 160mph is really a safe speed to be doing on a public road with limited safety features. You might be able to see many corners ahead but things can change very quickly.Ā 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ringy Rose said:

For many years the previous owner let people cross his land to get from the holding area to the field towards the first corner. I believe a small bridge was built over the driveway to enable this. The new owner decided to withdraw that permission, as is their right.

I didnā€™t think the Facebook post was pissy at all- it was explaining why there was no access, telling people to respect their property, and warning people to go down before the roads close. Some of the comments left were more robust though, so no wonder they deleted it.

Fookin comeovers probably.

7 hours ago, HeliX said:

Couple of vids up on Facebook of bikes coming up behind that at 160+ and having to slam on.

Not sure we can blame the police for a few riders being dickheads. If they could see what was happening they wouldnā€™t need to ā€œslam onā€. And if they couldnā€™t see they shouldnā€™t be doing 160mph on a public road.

Itā€™s people like that whoā€™ll end up making plod slap a 50 limit all the way across.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HeliX said:

No, you can still see. I don't want to have to be responsible for the person behind me's ability though.

If you're not happy about the ability of other people doing 160mph behind you, the sensible course of action would be to stay off the road - wouldn't it - rather than complaining about the police?Ā  Or you could campaign to stop people being allowed to do 160mph on public roads?

5 hours ago, HiVibes said:

You do realise that even one way, you have to ride with the understanding that you have no idea what is round the corner?

Yeah - but you have to remember that with the two bikers 160 was probably their combined age, not necessarily their speed...