TT 2023

0bserver

1 hour ago, WTF said:

how many HGV's are going the wrong way up the mountain ??   it's visitors and knob heads in cars and on bikes.

The speed bumps were being discussed in the context of slowing traffic going in the correct direction.

12 hours ago, HiVibes said:

Why? We need to protect you from your perceived threat of being rear ended by some old chuff going well beyond his capability.

You seem obsessed with old people either rear ending you or shitting in hedges, is it an anti tt cult?

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

If anyone wants is confident enough to ride a bike at the ridiculous speeds mentioned they should enter the races 😛.

There's a gulf between being able to hit 150+ on the mountain mile and being a motorbike racer.

44 minutes ago, HeliX said:

There's a gulf between being able to hit 150+ on the mountain mile and being a motorbike racer.

Here we go again. T.T. is here with the same old cliches. Too many on here confuse high speed on public roads with the freedom of the individual. You're doing it again here Helix. You don't get it do you ? Nobody should be riding or driving on PUBLIC ROADS at speeds of 160mph+  It's that simple. I stay well away from the roads in T.T. but I've a right to use them if I choose. I pay road tax and I have a right to travel in relative safety on open PUBLIC ROADS. Not on closed roads - open roads, and I should be protected by the law. On the IOM, during T.T. I'm not. That's been proven many times over the years.

I didn't come on to have a rant but... 

• Like 4

Government should be paying a furlough style compensation to companies and workers who are unable to work due to the 'course' being closed. 

Very similar to government imposed covid lockdowns, some individuals are left with no choice of being able to not work due to the actions go the government. 

They claim TT is such a massive economic miracle so this shouldn't be an issue to fund. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Here we go again. T.T. is here with the same old cliches. Too many on here confuse high speed on public roads with the freedom of the individual. You're doing it again here Helix. You don't get it do you ? Nobody should be riding or driving on PUBLIC ROADS at speeds of 160mph+  It's that simple. I stay well away from the roads in T.T. but I've a right to use them if I choose. I pay road tax and I have a right to travel in relative safety on open PUBLIC ROADS. Not on closed roads - open roads, and I should be protected by the law. On the IOM, during T.T. I'm not. That's been proven many times over the years.

I didn't come on to have a rant but... 

You are protected by the law. Dangerous/careless/reckless is still an offense, regardless of speed limit or lack thereof.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I call speeds of 160mph+ on open public roads dangerous/careless/reckless. You don't. Neither does the law.

Depends where and under what conditions the speed is done. Like any speed!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Depends where and under what conditions the speed is done.

Can you give an example of where and what, speeds of 160mph+ on open roads are safe? The Nurburgring does not count, because it is fenced off as a racing circuit.

12 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I call speeds of 160mph+ on open public roads dangerous/careless/reckless. You don't. Neither does the law.

People are doing it hundreds of times a day without any issue.

Its an increased risk over going at 70mph, but not inherently dangerous. 

People do triple digit speeds over the mountain numerous times everyday it’s open without coming to any harm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

Can you give an example of where and what, speeds of 160mph+ on open roads are safe? The Nurburgring does not count, because it is fenced off as a racing circuit.

Mountain mile with good visibility. Autobahn with good visibility.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Honestly.  I have done those speeds over the mountain hundreds of times over the years, and top 100 in the car most days for twenty years plus.

Its higher risk than doing lower speed, but to suggest it’s not safe is just stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Honestly.  I have done those speeds over the mountain hundreds of times over the years, and top 100 in the car most days for twenty years plus.

Its higher risk than doing lower speed, but to suggest it’s not safe is just stupid.

It’s NOT safe and IS stupid. 
Also unnecessary. 

• Like 4