TT 2023

0bserver

17 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

A nice gesture from John McGuinness here to cheer a couple of gentlemen up. I wonder if, in ways of reciprocity, such visits inspire him to continue racing? It would make sense to some although I'm not sure I would agree. 

That was a nice gesture from John. He should stick to things like that now as he's nothing left to prove or achieve. He speaks well of the Island and the T.T. and is a great asset to the whole event. It was a shame that Joey kept going too and we lost a T.T. legend. Hang the leathers up John.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Gizo said:

Nice to see the entitled motorcyclists using the heritage trail again. Me. Me. Me. 
#TTinit

I encountered a couple of traily style bikes and a trike on the railway line the other day as I was ambling along on my bicycle. It was very friendly as we exchanged nods and smiles but really I was thinking "Hey! You shouldn't be on here you know! Didn't you see the signs?" The weird thing was the roads weren't even closed. I think they were foreign. 

53 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

I encountered a couple of traily style bikes and a trike on the railway line the other day as I was ambling along on my bicycle. It was very friendly as we exchanged nods and smiles but really I was thinking "Hey! You shouldn't be on here you know! Didn't you see the signs?" The weird thing was the roads weren't even closed. I think they were foreign. 

Foreign roads?

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Hickman 200mph through sulby straight last night that’s what most people are interested in not anti tt troll’s posting rubbish 

Not interested enough to read the thread properly before posting though?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Hickman 200mph through sulby straight last night that’s what most people are interested in not anti tt troll’s posting rubbish 

Yes, fantastic. I think the only other time the 200mph was done was Hillier on a demo lap of an over sized, turbo charged Kawasaki, or something. It was a few years ago. I think he got 200 anyway. 

More of this please! 

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Brilliant isn't it.  I can't wait for someone to do 201mph next 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, wrighty said:

Brilliant isn't it.  I can't wait for someone to do 201mph next 🙄

For a fraction of a second and then wait 20 mins and you might see them do it again for a fraction of a second. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Love this.  Bringing the event to the next generation.

I remember working the scoreboard as a kid and the riders visiting the school.

Good times.

The first practice being an afternoon one seems to have worked well.  Less flies and no low sun so the pace might not be quite so hot tonight.  I am sure things will really pick up on Friday afternoon and Saturday though.

Douglas, Peel and Laxey all buzzing today in the sunshine.

Good times 

IMG_6946.jpeg