TT 2023

0bserver

20 minutes ago, Declan said:

For a fraction of a second and then wait 20 mins and you might see them do it again for a fraction of a second. 

At least they do laps and they're spread out.  Tour de France, people camp out for weeks to get a good spot.  The peloton will pass them once.  If they're on a flat section, that could all be done in a few seconds. 

• Like 1

Just now, Declan said:

I do like the Tour de France but it's best watched on Telly. 

Yeah, even as a person powered two wheeled aficionado, I'd only ever go and watch a stage if it was a time trial or laps - e.g. Paris.   Could almost be worth it for Cav this year. 

The TT haters here. Comical.

The event, festival, races, call it what you like, is the best thing about the Isle of Man, bar nothing, period. It is either in your blood or you're very weird indeed.

Love my bike fifty weeks a year but these two are very special indeed. 

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The TT haters here. Comical.

The event, festival, races, call it what you like, is the best thing about the Isle of Man, bar nothing, period. It is either in your blood or you're very weird indeed.

Love my bike fifty weeks a year but these two are very special indeed. 

It’s like they can’t stand to see others enjoying themselves.

Even if someone isn’t a fan of the bikes I struggle to understand how people can get NO pleasure from the event?

There is loads of live music, loads of extra people about.  Surely most people would enjoy a mooch around the grandstand with decent food and live music and a rare bit of a buzz about the place?

Even Ramsey, Peel etc are busy with people just sitting outside soaking up the atmosphere and popup food places.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Even if someone isn’t a fan of the bikes I struggle to understand how people can get NO pleasure from the event?

There is loads of live music, loads of extra people about.  Surely most people would enjoy a mooch around the grandstand with decent food and live music and a rare bit of a buzz about the place?

Even Ramsey, Peel etc are busy with people just sitting outside soaking up the atmosphere and popup food places.

Deaths. 

What's so hard for you to understand?

You can dress the 'festival' up however you want, but it's grubby and tainted by the blood of those who will inevitably be bagged up and shipped home. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Ativa said:

It's exactly that. 

Maybe the noise of the bikes disturbs them whilst they're masturbating in their mother's basement, using their own tears for lubrication?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ativa said:

You are right there are positives from the peripheral activities. The TT relies on that to keep the rest of us onside. It's a balancing act "you put up with the inconvenience and there will be a few things on that will be fun".  But this year there's not a lot on, especially musically that I won't see over the summer. There's really only Cuboza that's potentially special. 

1 hour ago, Dr Beeching said:

Deaths. 

What's so hard for you to understand?

You can dress the 'festival' up however you want, but it's grubby and tainted by the blood of those who will inevitably be bagged up and shipped home. 

We must have very different attitudes to risk and death.

If people are killed doing an activity that they have CHOSEN to do whilst having full access to everything they need to make their own risk assessment and decision then that is their business, not mine.

Also.  There haven’t been any yet, and might not be.

The weird thing is that as a fan and supporter of the event I would be delighted if we managed a year with no fatalities.  It’s the ghouls like you and the others on here who claim to detest it who are sitting wringing their hands just waiting for something awful to happen.

Edited by Ativa
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ativa said:

It's exactly that! I don't care what Dr. Gizo Fromage or whatever he's logged in as at the moment says about disliking the deaths. I wouldn't mind betting he's moved here completely voluntarily and realises that complaining about road racing when you've move to the one place on the planet where you'll be most affected by it makes him sound like a bloody idiot. So instead he attacks what he sees as the least indefensible side of the event - claims to be outraged by the death, despite barely being able to hide his glee when something bad happens.

He's a hypocritical gobshite with all the integrity of a wet paper bag.

Just now, A fool and his money..... said:

It's exactly that! I don't care what Dr. Gizo Fromage or whatever he's logged in as at the moment says about disliking the deaths. I wouldn't mind betting he's moved here completely voluntarily and realises that complaining about road racing when you've move to the one place on the planet where you'll be most affected by it makes him sound like a bloody idiot. So instead he attacks what he sees as the least indefensible side of the event - claims to be outraged by the death, despite barely being able to hide his glee when something bad happens.

He's a hypocritical gobshite with all the integrity of a wet paper bag.

That’s harsh.

I have had some half decent paper bags over the years.

• Haha 2