TT 2023

0bserver

9 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Totally irrelevant the world is a different place from the 1990's. Cretney is a political dinosaur.

It certainly is. As for Cretney,he's very much like the age of the majority of bikers.Not so much a numerical figure any longer,but more of an era,such as post classical,or bronze.

Edited by display name

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

More a reflection of the decline of the prom was the point I was trying to make.

But the government (or at least the motorsports lot) want the Prom TT scene to decline because they think that will force more people up to their alternatives around the Grandstand.  It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to make problems for Bushy's as well, though when they tangled with them in the past they came off worse.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

But the government (or at least the motorsports lot) want the Prom TT scene to decline because they think that will force more people up to their alternatives around the Grandstand.  It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to make problems for Bushy's as well, though when they tangled with them in the past they came off worse.

It's not just the TT Roger, it's the whole night time scene year round on the Promenade, it's soulless with no life whatsoever the further along that you walk, at night in particular.  

On 2/1/2023 at 8:06 PM, Max Power said:

I'm no fan of funfairs but the presence gave an impression that there were things going on and the place was lively. Unfortunately the prom is like a morgue now at night time and even with a few bikes around, there's nothing happening.

Sorry to say this but a morgue in TT week is seldom deserted. 

On 2/1/2023 at 8:06 PM, Max Power said:

I'm no fan of funfairs but the presence gave an impression that there were things going on and the place was lively. Unfortunately the prom is like a morgue now at night time and even with a few bikes around, there's nothing happening.

The fun fair can still come, it’s just IOMG aren’t going to subsidize them or sort everything for them, so upto Taylor’s to arrange licenses, travel etc

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

This thread has popped up again and reminded me;

What was the outcome of the investigation into the tragic deaths of the Sidecar racers and what has been done to reduce the risk of this happening again at the same place and in the same circumstance?

Racing Incident.  Died doing what they love. Great guys, sorely missed in the paddock etc. etc.

Not that I've read the report, or know that one's even been done, just speculating that nothing will change.

• Like 4