TT 2023

0bserver

Sadly over the years four of my friends have lost sons on the race course, none of which were in the races just unfortunate accidents two were involved in collision with another vehicle which turned out to be the other vehicle’s driver at fault.   I wonder as people are quoting statistics how many motor cyclists have died on the TT course that have not been involved in the races ?   Motorcyclists are vulnerable and always come off the worst in an accident instead of whinging about the races why not acknowledge  motor cycles are a risky form of transport even if you are the most careful rider in the world.    At least the riders in the races have no traffic coming in the opposite direction and no traffic coming out of side roads.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

At least the riders in the races have no traffic coming in the opposite direction and no traffic coming out of side roads.

Unless they're in an unfortunate mix up with returning against the usual direction of travel. 

They've still not published the full report on that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Beeching said:

Oh.

Isle of Man TT 2023: Jake Lowther excluded following positive drugs test

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_777360.html

Obviously we don’t know if he was taking banned substances intentionally or not.  Either way, it’s good that the events testing regime (which is relatively new, and part of the continuous developments) has picked it up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

It's exactly that! I don't care what Dr. Gizo Fromage or whatever he's logged in as at the moment says about disliking the deaths. I wouldn't mind betting he's moved here completely voluntarily and realises that complaining about road racing when you've move to the one place on the planet where you'll be most affected by it makes him sound like a bloody idiot. So instead he attacks what he sees as the least indefensible side of the event - claims to be outraged by the death, despite barely being able to hide his glee when something bad happens.

He's a hypocritical gobshite with all the integrity of a wet paper bag.

Cunt. 
if you have any idea about my previous posts over the years you’ll know full well I’m manx.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

so what was the banned substance ?  some muscle/stamina enhancing steroid we've never heard of or  booze / other recreational drug ?

Or, something taken unknowingly in a hayfever remedy or similar?

No point in speculating 

This failed drugs test could be a real game changer. Drugs and sport have gone together for a long time and the event organisers have been very slow to bring in testing here. How many competitors over the years have used stimulants to get themselves 'race prepared' ? If Jake Lowther starts talking, the lid may come off this.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

This failed drugs test could be a real game changer. Drugs and sport have gone together for a long time and the event organisers have been very slow to bring in testing here. How many competitors over the years have used stimulants to get themselves 'race prepared' ? If Jake Lowther starts talking, the lid may come off this.

Slow to bring in testing? Explain and evidence please. I believe it’s been in place for a long time? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1