TT 2023

0bserver

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

Or, something taken unknowingly in a hayfever remedy or similar?

No point in speculating 

If you are subject to random testing in a sport you usually know what you can, and cannot take in the run up to, and during your events.   

The lists of banned substances and ingredients is readily available.

It has been known for some to contain unlisted ingredients in the past, but it usually down to the competitors to ensure what they take is within the guidelines.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

No point in speculating 

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned IOMG favourite word ‘subjudice’.

Whilst there isn’t a criminal hearing, this matter is subject to a hearing by the ACU. 

Edited by 2112

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned IOMG favourite word ‘subjudice’.

Whilst there isn’t a criminal hearing, this matter is subject to a hearing by the ACU. 

I know they're practically a branch of government, but they not part of the judiciary too. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ativa said:

It’s like they can’t stand to see others enjoying themselves.

Even if someone isn’t a fan of the bikes I struggle to understand how people can get NO pleasure from the event?

There is loads of live music, loads of extra people about.  Surely most people would enjoy a mooch around the grandstand with decent food and live music and a rare bit of a buzz about the place?

Even Ramsey, Peel etc are busy with people just sitting outside soaking up the atmosphere and popup food places.

To be honest when I’m in the mood for loads of people milling about and more stuff to do I’ll head across to a big city where they tend to do it better anyway.

I’m pretty indifferent about the TT, I find it a pain in the arse for 2 weeks but understand the importance to the Islands economy and history and do think it would be a sad day if it did end. I do find the TT fans defence of it and insistence that if you don’t enjoy it or enjoy the bikes then you must be a bit weird to be a bit on the insecure side though. I’m a massive football fan but wouldn’t expect everyone else to derive the same pleasure from a big match as I would. I’d never feel the need to insult people who aren’t into football. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, manxchester said:

I’d never feel the need to insult people who aren’t into football. 

Good point.   But how would you feel about people who aren’t into football insulting you because you are?

Let’s face it: it’s a “tit-for-tat” argument thread, where opposing factions tear lumps off each other and nothing gets resolved - The MF Classic!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Good point.   But how would you feel about people who aren’t into football insulting you because you are?

Let’s face it: it’s a “tit-for-tat” argument thread, where opposing factions tear lumps off each other and nothing gets resolved - The MF Classic!

Yeah that’s fair enough, I know a few people who are really into it and I’m happy for them to enjoy it as much as they do, certainly wouldn’t feel the need to insult them. As you say it’s a typical MF thread I guess 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

This failed drugs test could be a real game changer. Drugs and sport have gone together for a long time and the event organisers have been very slow to bring in testing here. How many competitors over the years have used stimulants to get themselves 'race prepared' ? If Jake Lowther starts talking, the lid may come off this.

Drug and alcohol testing has been in place with the ACU for motorcycle events for many years , and each event even  off road  trials etc   is covered by an environmental code and plan 

6 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Drug and alcohol testing has been in place with the ACU for motorcycle events for many years , and each event even  off road  trials etc   is covered by an environmental code and plan 

So when was systematic and thorough drug screening introduced at the IOM T.T. ?  

7 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

So when was systematic and thorough drug screening introduced at the IOM T.T. ?  

The oldest regs I can find on the IOMTT site are from 2010 and it's included in those. So 2010 at the latest, but likely much earlier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ativa said:

No point in speculating 

I don't think you're going to be banned from riding a motorbike/sidecar for taking performance enhancing drugs or steroids as its not going to improve your performance in the way it would if you were a runner. 

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I don't think you're going to be banned from riding a motorbike/sidecar for taking performance enhancing drugs or steroids as its not going to improve your performance in the way it would if you were a runner. 

I would have thought the biggest concerns would be alcohol and pot, but they're not performance enhancing. Speed maybe but surely riding at 150 mph is going to produce a similar affect anyway.