TT 2023

0bserver

Just now, Shake me up Judy said:

The cars in those days were often virtually rebuilt and modified for racing and rallying. Very different suspension and race tuned engines. They were never showroom cars despite the sales and marketing spin. 

The one displayed to the public in the showroom was pretty much standard however the one used for the laps (hidden in the workshop) was far from it!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Listening to Manx Radio TT just prior to the practice.  Gobsmacked to hear an advert for these guys:

https://motorcyclefunerals.com/

And MF posters get accused of being crass.

https://motorcyclefunerals.com/from-sheet-metal-worker-to-motorcycle-minister-the-inspirational-story-of-the-faster-pastor-and-his-sidecar-hearse

The bit I can't quite get my head round is this comment:

If we only get one a day, it’s a quiet time.

57 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I was amazed Pond managed to get the Rover round corners. Such a random choice of vehicle. 

He stayed at the Ravensdale Castle Hotel in Ballaugh when he did those laps, I was in the hotel at the same time.

All I can say is, (due to NDA's) 🙂

Tony had a Huge Moustache................

And was a really, really nice guy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

There is a local company that provides this service already however they do not advertise around race week as they think it is poor taste.   The company that are advertising are from the adjacent Island they and Manx Radio are without shame.

Would you have an issue with football themed funerals being advertised on Sky Sports? 

Funeral companies advertise on day time TV all the time, just when old people are likely to be watching. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 11:05 PM, alpha-acid said:

If they have a UK licence unenforceable so pointless

So they cant use APNR and DVLA to check for license and insurance? Sadly it seems like it'll take a serious crash or fatality before this get sorted. Prettty sure peanlty points here apply to UK licenses .

https://m.facebook.com/iomrpu/photos/two-topics-have-raised-their-ugly-head-again-this-week-on-numerous-forums-so-for/1232277756898530/

So it seems you a driving ban will apply in the UK but not the points which go on a Manx 'ghost license'. So basically Uk drivers get a  12 free points to play with. No wonder they don't give a toss about rules here then.

25 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

So they cant use APNR and DVLA to check for license and insurance? Sadly it seems like it'll take a serious crash or fatality before this get sorted. Prettty sure peanlty points here apply to UK licenses .

https://m.facebook.com/iomrpu/photos/two-topics-have-raised-their-ugly-head-again-this-week-on-numerous-forums-so-for/1232277756898530/

So it seems you a driving ban will apply in the UK but not the points which go on a Manx 'ghost license'. So basically Uk drivers get a  12 free points to play with. No wonder they don't give a toss about rules here then.

Similarly UK courts cannot put points onto an Isle of Man License 

5 hours ago, finlo said:

Well it was fully race prepped despite their claims otherwise.

Nothing like the level of preparation of the Subaru. The Rover had decent tyres, shocks and brake pads. The Subaru was a racing car, specially built for the job.

• Like 1