TT 2023

0bserver

33 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I suspect that @hissingsid interpreted this the same as me, that there is an inference in the wording used that she has been barred by the Medical Officer, rather than withdrawing herself. 

Yeah, but what on earth is odd about that?  She may well have wished to continue but the medical protocols in place mean that she can't.

Interestingly enough she was on TT live tonight and when asked about it said that she'd been examined, had concussion, had been told she can't ride, and that she totally understood it was serious and was ok with it.

Like seriously if people are genuinely finding that statement odd then it's pretty weird.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

Yeah, but what on earth is odd about that?  She may well have wished to continue but the medical protocols in place mean that she can't.

Interestingly enough she was on TT live tonight and when asked about it said that she'd been examined, had concussion, had been told she can't ride, and that she totally understood it was serious and was ok with it.

Like seriously if people are genuinely finding that statement odd then it's pretty weird.

Some people just like controversy, especially where the TT is concerned. If there isn't any, as is clearly the case here, they'll just make it up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

It did come across as a bit odd the way it was worded on Twitter as reported by 3FM, mostly because of the delay in reporting, but that interview makes the situation clear.

• Like 2

wise decision  , same with Hutchy  12 months lay off following heart problem ,  no point looking for trouble   at the speeds there going they need  to be pretty fit and mentally alert ,not like the good  old days  when if you could climb the stairs to the doctors room  in the control tower at the top of the grandstand ,you were declared medically fit 

32 minutes ago, Omobono said:

they need  to be pretty fit and mentally alert ,not like the good  old days  when if you could climb the stairs to the doctors room  in the control tower at the top of the grandstand ,you were declared medically fit 

But anyone who can climb those stairs with testicles the size of extra large watermelons has to be medically fit surely? Watermelons are really heavy you know. 

7 hours ago, La Colombe said:

But anyone who can climb those stairs with testicles the size of extra large watermelons has to be medically fit surely? Watermelons are really heavy you know. 

I don't think Ms Costello falls into the 'large testicles' club

• Haha 1

Holy crap!!

Quickets qualifying time now more than 2mph up on last year.

conditions are perfect.  Pretty much uninterrupted practice. New roads surfaces and loads of rubber down.

It’s the best TT I can remember so far, and hasn’t even properly started yet.

There is also some really good food around the place this year both in lookups and local businesses and tending hours and doing special menus.  The quality is up and with the exception of £8 for an average cheese burger from the Grill Pit bus I haven’t felt we have overpaid anywhere.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Holy crap!!

Quickets qualifying time now more than 2mph up on last year.

conditions are perfect.  Pretty much uninterrupted practice. New roads surfaces and loads of rubber down.

It’s the best TT I can remember so far, and hasn’t even properly started yet.

There is also some really good food around the place this year both in lookups and local businesses and tending hours and doing special menus.  The quality is up and with the exception of £8 for an average cheese burger from the Grill Pit bus I haven’t felt we have overpaid anywhere.

Fantastic racing pit Cummins is ill, burger prices are similar to what fun fair is charging on board I saw & I assume Bushys will be similar although £3 entry this year 

8 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

An organiser of one of the island’s biggest TT campsites has said that bookings are roughly 35% down on last year.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/tt-2023-numbers-of-campers-down-by-over-a-third-at-ballafletcher-site-618078

Some balance 🙂 

That is surprising, however I am a member of several TT forums and Facebook groups and don’t recall seeing the place recommended, talked about or advertised.

I just had a look and can’t find a website or Facebook page?

Maybe I am looking under the wrong thing but if people don’t know you exist you can’t be surprised if they don’t find you.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

An organiser of one of the island’s biggest TT campsites has said that bookings are roughly 35% down on last year.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/tt-2023-numbers-of-campers-down-by-over-a-third-at-ballafletcher-site-618078

Some balance 🙂 

Ive just left Douglas Rugby club where i spent 6 days camping during practice, this is my 4th or 5th visit,numbers seemed the same as usual.Staff, volunteers, many thanks, food by Woodburn,nice catering vans,tents.Toilets kept decent,good prices  A credit to the Island .i will be back.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Some balance 🙂 

i guess it depends on the bogs/showers to punters ratio ,  if its big queues every time you want a shit or shower you tend not to go  back or recommend the place.

Edited by WTF
  • Like 2