TT 2023

0bserver

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

An organiser of one of the island’s biggest TT campsites has said that bookings are roughly 35% down on last year.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/tt-2023-numbers-of-campers-down-by-over-a-third-at-ballafletcher-site-618078

Some balance 🙂 

Is that the best you can do, an out of town rugby club pop up campsite has a few fewer visitors than last year while all other campsites questioned say numbers are the same as last year. 

Even for a dull old Yorkshire man watching from afar, hoping to find some bad news to put a dampener on the fun in the sun the tens of thousands of visitors and locals are having on the Isle, that is a bit of a crappy effort.

Go and take your whippet for a walk and watch a game of cricket or something, if that's not too exciting for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Blade Runner said:

Just WOW 

#sellemburgers

You really are a miserable old bastard aren't you? The place here is buzzing, the atmosphere is amazing, the sun is shining and everyone is having fun.

What is your problem with that? Does it really irk you that much to see so many tens of thousands of people enjoying themselves? 

Easier to write it off a a conspiracy to sell burgers rather than admit that the TT's success is still going strong well over a century since the first race.

#hatetoseeanyoneenjoyingthemselves becausemylifeissofuckingmiserable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

You really are a miserable old bastard aren't you? The place here is buzzing, the atmosphere is amazing, the sun is shining and everyone is having fun.

What is your problem with that? Does it really irk you that much to see so many tens of thousands of people enjoying themselves? 

Easier to write it off a a conspiracy to sell burgers rather than admit that the TT's success is still going strong well over a century since the first race.

#hatetoseeanyoneenjoyingthemselves becausemylifeissofuckingmiserable.

He wouldn’t know how great & successful it is because he lives in some shithole in UK where apparently everything is great but then he’s an asshole!!

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dr Beeching said:

Not really. Racing starts tomorrow.

I know it's great isn't it. The pubs and restaurants and cafes are heaving, the prom is full of people, unofficial lap records are being broken every day, the weather is Mediterranean, every where you look people are out enjoying themselves.

And we haven't even started racing yet!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I know it's great isn't it. The pubs and restaurants and cafes are heaving, the prom is full of people, unofficial lap records are being broken every day, the weather is Mediterranean, every where you look people are out enjoying themselves.

And we haven't even started racing yet!

Lap records aren't being broken every day. Why can't you just enjoy it?

There's no need to exaggerate and make shit up.

Just now, Dr Beeching said:

Well they are, unofficially as I said, even the outright lap record today. Nothing made up or exaggerated about that.

I am enjoying it, don't worry about that, so it would seem are the vast majority of other people out and about, while you're sitting behind your keyboard hating the frivolity, thinking up sly digs to post and hoping for someone to die.

37 minutes ago, Dr Beeching said:

I think they have been, as there are separate (unofficial) records for fastest qualifying laps also.

• Thanks 2

I was in Isle of Mando’s yesterday.  

They had the T

visions in the main part.  It was unbelievable when the record was smashed at 1

pit lane and what a reception.  But the team is carrying on as

unbelievable effort by him as he comes past signpost on the drop

he hand his way all the in to end until he finished 

over to you

If that is an idea of the quality of the island connectivity and IT infrastructure, I’d be surprised if all the ‘look at us - we are hiring’ banners that are about actually do any good.

13 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

I was in Isle of Mando’s yesterday.  

They had the T

visions in the main part.  It was unbelievable when the record was smashed at 1

pit lane and what a reception.  But the team is carrying on as

unbelievable effort by him as he comes past signpost on the drop

he hand his way all the in to end until he finished 

over to you

If that is an idea of the quality of the island connectivity and IT infrastructure, I’d be surprised if all the ‘look at us - we are hiring’ banners that are about actually do any good.

Authentically Manx experience.

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Bad RTC @ the 33rd ongoing. It must be bad because it's holding up the racing. 

Wonder what Helix and Ativa hot take is on the fact that racing has been delayed inconveniencing thousands of people because some whopper is allowed to speed along the mountain. #ranoutoftalent

• Haha 1