TT 2023

0bserver

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Never been but always wanted too but checking the prices it’s hard to justify the prices they charge . Am sure they will try to justify them of course but being a pensioner , sorry not for me. 

£12 for a jacket potato with a bit of cheese on top at the Raven. I suspect nearly straight from a box in the freezer.

Paul Phillips quote - 

“The TT has been the only major sporting event in the world that I can think of that culminates in the working week. It doesn’t make sense really when you take a step back and look at it compared to all other entertainment events – sporting or otherwise.

Delusions of grandeur much?

It is not, and never will be a "major sporting event in the word"

There was much more world media interest in a cheese rolling event this week in England than the TT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Paul Phillips quote - 

“The TT has been the only major sporting event in the world that I can think of that culminates in the working week. It doesn’t make sense really when you take a step back and look at it compared to all other entertainment events – sporting or otherwise.

Delusions of grandeur much?

It is not, and never will be a "major sporting event in the word"

There was much more world media interest in a cheese rolling event this week in England than the TT.

You talk absolute shit , TT was on BBC1 sports section on this morning & several times during today & on all NW  itv & BBC news.

Why don’t you stick to whining about your Essex shithole?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

You talk absolute shit , TT was on BBC1 sports section on this morning & several times during today & on all NW  itv & BBC news.

Wait till the media report this morning’s accident then you’ll get the coverage - it’s got a bit of everything very very sad

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Wait till the media report this morning’s accident then you’ll get the coverage - it’s got a bit of everything very very sad

Was it in the races ? No Was it a competitor ?No are there lots of accidents on the mountain throughout the year yes do idiots drive/ride too fast over the mountain yes constantly!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Was it in the races ? No Was it a competitor ?No are there lots of accidents on the mountain throughout the year yes do idiots drive/ride too fast over the mountain yes constantly!

Arrrffff - who closed the roads and enabled people to go one way like fuck - it doesn’t happen all the time it was in Government Paul Phillips TT guidelines- not throughout the year soon the penny will drop - who enables it ???

ETA - are competitors lives worth more FFS 

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's a weird one. While the TT is nowhere near as famous as its biggest fans think it is (world famous It's not), but it's also not not-famous. Probably on the level of what a mid-table Premier League club attacts on a single weekend in terms of punters. Probably regionally famous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s not a major sporting event though, if you’re not into bikes or know anyone from the Isle of Man I’d wager that you wouldn’t know it was taking place right now. I lived across for 30 years and it never crossed my radar till I moved here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, manxchester said:

It’s not a major sporting event though, if you’re not into bikes or know anyone from the Isle of Man I’d wager that you wouldn’t know it was taking place right now. I lived across for 30 years and it never crossed my radar till I moved here.

Do you miss your Amish friends?

• Haha 9

22 minutes ago, Dr Beeching said:

It's a weird one. While the TT is nowhere near as famous as its biggest fans think it is (world famous It's not), but it's also not not-famous. Probably on the level of what a mid-table Premier League club attacts on a single weekend in terms of punters. Probably regionally famous. 

It depends really, I've been to several places around the world and the general response when asked (Q) Where are you from? (A) "The Isle of Man" invokes the answer, "Isn't that where the TT is held?" 

It may not be constantly on the mind, but it's there in the consciousness.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It depends really, I've been to several places around the world and the general response when asked (Q) Where are you from? (A) "The Isle of Man" invokes the answer, "Isn't that where the TT is held?" 

It may not be constantly on the mind, but it's there in the consciousness.

I was in the Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea they’d never heard of it - but they knew about Blackpool Illuminations like it was the greatest thing ever - so yeah it depends really….