TT 2023

0bserver

8 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Do they cut people out without removing the roof these days?  I honestly thought that all extractions these days were via the roof but maybe they have a different method of the car is upside down?

I have no idea but this car definitely hasn’t had its roof removed and there is no obvious sign of a fire having occurred.

I suppose it will all become common knowledge eventually.

You clearly know what happened so why don’t you just say instead of speaking in riddles.

Edited by Broadcasterman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Reasons people know the Isle of Man around the world;

TT Races

Manx Cat

Tax Haven

Nigel Mansell (lived here)

The Manx Missile (Cavendish)

Peter Kennaugh

Tynwald (Oldest Continuous Parliament)

Those are in no particular order and some are more niche than others but generally the TT is one of the top things people know about the Island.

Don't forget the Island used to host much more than the TT with major cycling and rallying events being much more popular in the past.

Summerland?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Reasons people know the Isle of Man around the world;

TT Races

Manx Cat

Tax Haven

Nigel Mansell (lived here)

The Manx Missile (Cavendish)

Peter Kennaugh

Tynwald (Oldest Continuous Parliament)

Those are in no particular order and some are more niche than others but generally the TT is one of the top things people know about the Island.

Don't forget the Island used to host much more than the TT with major cycling and rallying events being much more popular in the past.

Internment.

7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Can we just put an end to the speculation and guesses for now? It was clearly a serious accident and no doubt more will become apparent in the next couple of days...as to the seriousness of it.

That's a bit pessimistic. 

There was a government pen pusher in 1886 this afternoon telling everyone he thought this was the best TT ever with zero deaths. 

So clearly it they know best then there's no more serious issues.

Edited by Dr Beeching

7 hours ago, Holte End said:

I don't know why the police don't just lock up this bloke "Little" as he seems to cause trouble every TT.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/little-trouble-on-the-isle-of-man-last-night/

Biker started shouting and swearing  at me last night outside mine. But Port Erin was no busier than normal for a Sunny Saturday although the older demographic probably spent more. 

Spoke to a few traders today it was very quiet for Mad Sunday or any Summer Sunday. Hope Port Erin Day goes well. 

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

Biker started shouting and swearing  at me last night outside mine. But Port Erin was no busier than normal for a Sunny Saturday although the older demographic probably spent more. 

Spoke to a few traders today it was very quiet for Mad Sunday or any Summer Sunday. Hope Port Erin Day goes well. 

Did they just start randomly swearing at you? 

Douglas was dead this afternoon, 1886 and the Rovers were alright but just like a normal sunny weekend. The Quay was quieter than I expected. Guess it will pick up this evening.