TT 2023

0bserver

9 hours ago, Declan said:

Felt random to me probably not to him.

I was writing a poem and staring into the distance trying to find the appropriate word. He walked through my line of sight and I guess must have said hello and took offence when I didn’t acknowledge him. 

He could have been trying to help you find the right appropriate word.

9 hours ago, Declan said:

Felt random to me probably not to him.

I was writing a poem and staring into the distance trying to find the appropriate word. He walked through my line of sight and I guess must have said hello and took offence when I didn’t acknowledge him. 

A common T.T. misunderstanding Declan. Probably a stranger to ink and good vellum. He was your 'person from Porlock' who ruined Coleridge's flow while he penned Kubla Khan. Did you manage to toss off another stanza or two, or did the muse elude you after such a vulgar encounter ? 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I've been surprised at the lack of 24hr a day open-roads course lapping by fans, in years past it used to be almost incessant, now you don't see much activity much before 9am and it's all quiet again by 6pm.

That's millennials for you. Lazy as fuck and they just don't put the effort in.

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

write your poem, including his lines, please.

"I was wandering lonely as a f'cking tw*t..."

Write me a ode he demanded

Where I wandered

Lonely as a twat

why would I do that?

I wondered lonely

It sounds so phony

Using gender specific curses

When penning vitriolic Verses

In 2023

And speaking with accuracy

I wasn’t wanderin’

I was sat by the bin

Which wasn’t overflowin’

Cos I live in Port Erin 

Not in Douglas

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I've been surprised at the lack of 24hr a day open-roads course lapping by fans, in years past it used to be almost incessant, now you don't see much activity much before 9am and it's all quiet again by 6pm.

at 5.30 am mad sunday something went past my place and they were on it, if plod was around they'd be on the boat home today and not back next year..

15 hours ago, display name said:

So,it didn't catch fire,but if it did catch fire,it didn't catch fire,unless it did,but only a minor fire,that didn't happen,unless it did?

Razor sharp as usual then.

Evidence from the photos I have seen from a third party source would tend to suggest that a fire had not taken place. However, that is not to say that a small one may have occurred. It certainly wasn't the type of consuming blaze we have come to fear from EV's

Hope that clarifies?

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

They do seem to be getting the bulk of the trade though regardless. 

They are certainly doing well that's for sure. My sons were there yesterday. We are off Island for the first time ever and I have to admit I am missing it. Good to see no major incidents.

I wouldn't fancy queuing up Broadway to queueing up for a bushies beer though

On 6/3/2023 at 10:55 PM, manxchester said:

I don’t deny any of that at all. It’s obviously huge for the island and the biggest event that happens here. It’s also a huge event for people that are into road racing, what it isn’t though is a big sporting event world wide. I don’t think there’s anything wrong in acknowledging that and it just annoys me when people try to pretend it’s something that it’s not.

I don't think anyone is claiming that. It is a international event though with vistors and competitors from many countries. 

It is could rightly claim to be the birthplace of motorcycle racing, the now Moto GP started here, and Honda very much cut their teeth here and have remained by far the world's biggest motorcycle manufacter ever since, their factory involment in the event continues.

Perhaps more than any of that, the TT has become an extremely important part of the folklore and culture of the island and is something of which the island is rightly very proud. It is extremely well known in the motorcycling world and beyond.

It seems to me to be a very strange thing to get annoyed by. Wherever you go in the world there will be a thing that is done differently to almost anywhere else, examples are too many to mention. This thing may not interest you, you may never have heard of it before, but you'd do well to have the grace to refrain from slagging it off at every opportunity like some kind of British colonial type from a hundred years ago. When in Rome and all that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1