TT 2023

0bserver

10 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I don't think anyone is claiming that. It is an international event though with vistors and competitors from many countries. 

Well I think a point could be made that it is an international event with competitors and winners coming from all over the world.

Think Wimbledon for example . Its internationaliness ( although not really a word) derives from the different countries from which competitors come from rather than the actual geographical location of the event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Good to see the cops are sharing pictures of serious accidents with their mates on WhatsApp. 

Yes, a disciplinary offence with the Metropolitan Police. Let’s see some action! On the other hand, knowing IOMG disciplinary they are bound to screw it up. 

• Haha 1

Looking at the Wiki list of Isle of Man Mountain Course Fatalities here, after the main list of dead riders there is a breakdown of deaths by nationality. England is way ahead in terms of the number of riders killed and the rest of the UK and the Isle of Man are the next biggest contributors. However, both Australia and New Zealand have lost more riders than Ireland, which is a surprise to me. Europeans, Africans and Asians all make the list. So it seems pretty fair to say that it is an international event. Although nobody from the Americas seems to have died racing on the island yet.  Most of the Manx riders on the list were killed in the Manx Grand Prix so as far as the TT is concerned the antipodeans probably edge it over the locals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Yes, a disciplinary offence with the Metropolitan Police. Let’s see some action! On the other hand, knowing IOMG disciplinary they are bound to screw it up. 

Who said it was a police officer? 

Plenty of people up there with their own cameras and even dash cams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Good to see the cops are sharing pictures of serious accidents with their mates on WhatsApp. 

Good to see your bullshit post about bursting into flames just after someone cut out has been proven to be bollocks as usual 😂

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Just interested about how someone who doesn’t even live here but is an ex member of the Police road policing team managed to come by such allegedly accurate pictures of a crash scene. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Just interested about how someone who doesn’t even live here but is an ex member of the Police road policing team managed to come by such allegedly accurate pictures of a crash scene. 

My neighbour showed me a photo last night.  It was green, with a roof, not on fire. 

Am I part of the conspiracy? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Guess what.

If you put a smashed up bright green Porsche on the back of a low loader and then drive it past loads of people sat out at Kepple Gate, The Creg and Hilberry who are sitting waiting g for the race to start some of them are going to take pictures.

In fact hundreds did and they were very widely shared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Don’t be soft.  The photos are all over the place and haven’t come from the police

• Haha 1