TT 2023

0bserver

19 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Just interested about how someone who doesnโ€™t even live here but is an ex member of the Police road policing team managed to come by such allegedly accurate pictures of a crash scene.ย 

Photos of a crash scene ๐Ÿ˜‚. That some mighty fine assuming you have done there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Guess what.

If you put a smashed up bright green Porsche on the back of a low loader and then drive it past loads of people sat out at Kepple Gate, The Creg and Hilberry who are sitting waiting g for the race to start some of them are going to take pictures.

In fact hundreds did and they were very widely shared.

ย 

It wonโ€™t stop the conspiracy theorists like Offshore & Brit etc !!

Wonder where Offshore got his information about burst into flames rather than his imagination ๐Ÿ˜‚

25 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Iโ€™ll warrant that their are far more motorcyclists in the world than there are macramรฉ practitionersย 

What's your point? Some niche activities are more popular than others.ย 

17 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Depends - where did your neighbour get the picture?

No idea, I didn't request provenance.ย  It wasn't on a truck, it was still on the moorland.ย 

We were discussing electric cars (as he's got one).ย  The sexy Taycans cropped up in convo and then he mentioned the crash and showed me the photo.ย 

He was also showing me his sunny chargey contraption.ย  At 8pm last night he was still pulling in 0.5 KW/H.ย 

11 minutes ago, Declan said:

If it's really popular, it probably wouldn't be a niche anymore though...ย 

9 minutes ago, Declan said:

The TT could be the Superbowl and some people would still claim it to be insignificant.

Interestingly enough, those who claim it to be insignificant are the ones that seem to spend the most time on here talking (shit) about it.

You'd think something so insignificant would be easier to ignore.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

The TT could be the Superbowl and some people would still claim it to be insignificant.

Interestingly enough, those who claim it to be insignificant are the ones that seem to spend the most time on here talking (shit) about it.

I don't think anyone is saying it is insignificant. What people are saying is that its not a major world sporting event. Not by some margin.ย  I mean its not even on live TV apart from a streaming service. Sky have shown no interest and even the Parish Walk has been on Sky๐Ÿคฃ. Some are comparing it to F1 and Premier league which is just plain silly.

Its a major motorcycling event and we should be proud of that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Doesn't that depend how close you are to the thing? A bee is insignificant until it stings you.ย 

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I don't think anyone is saying it is insignificant. What people are saying is that its not a major world sporting event. Not by some margin.ย  I mean its not even on live TV apart from a streaming service. Sky have shown no interest and even the Parish Walk has been on Sky๐Ÿคฃ. Some are comparing it to F1 and Premier league which is just plain silly.

Its a major motorcycling event and we should be proud of that.

If you want to know why itโ€™s not on live TV then look back to Sunday and hours of delay to the start.

What live TV schedule is able to accommodate an event which might start hours after it was due to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1