TT 2023

0bserver

21 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Oh, NOW it’s clear…etc.   Irony alert!  😉

Oh the other sick forum troll kicks in now. You lot are really funny and by you lot I mean the interchangeable troll that is Twativa and Jaundice & bummedupahill. I think maybe I’ll start unblocking some posters and putting some laughing emojis on their posts to see which one will go into a pathetic forum meltdown first 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Beeching said:

Oh. But I thought it was world famous? This can't be true. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tt-supporters-club-suspends-annual-membership/

Not surprising when there's a cost of living crisis on. Who's going to contribute money so racers have some pocket money, when they've got little to no disposable income themselves? 

Nothing to do with being - or not being - world famous. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Not surprising when there's a cost of living crisis on. Who's going to contribute money so racers have some pocket money, when they've got little to no disposable income themselves? 

Nothing to do with being - or not being - world famous. 

It's not? Surely the adoring fans would want to pay to support their road warrior idols? 

Most TT fans are surely on the higher end of the income ladder?  Cozzie Livs is something they've heard of on TV but it would never bother them.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dr Beeching said:

It's not? Surely the adoring fans would want to pay to support their road warrior idols? 

Most TT fans are surely on the higher end of the income ladder?  Cozzie Livs is something they've heard of on TV but it would never bother them.

Pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder how many more hundred years it will take Manx Telecom to decide that there may be a few more people here in early June and they may need to increase capacity on their mobile network.

Mobile connectivity has been the usual shite this week as it has been every TT week for years - just like it was at Tynwald day when none of the Sum Up machines on their network would work.

World class telecoms company or bunch of cowboy chancers who over-charge for extremely poor service?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I wonder how many more hundred years it will take Manx Telecom to decide that there may be a few more people here in early June and they may need to increase capacity on their mobile network.

Mobile connectivity has been the usual shite this week as it has been every TT week for years - just like it was at Tynwald day when none of the Sum Up machines on their network would work.

World class telecoms company or bunch of cowboy chancers who over-charge for extremely poor service?

It's not just confined to their mobile network. Our office broadband has been severely affected at times, mostly during race times. Not sure how that works but it does affect the broadband as well.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

It's not just confined to their mobile network. Our office broadband has been severely affected at times, mostly during race times. Not sure how that works but it does affect the broadband as well.

My back up 4G router has been next to useless. Airwaves far to blocked already. 

Was up at Noble's site on Sunday. Work colleague moaning about the speed of the internet in their phone. So we tested:

Manx Telecom SIM: 0.2 Mbps

Sure SIM: 50 Mbps

That would suggest MT have some bottlenecks in backhaul somewhere, but it's not exactly a scientific test as I don't know how many subscribers each cell had at the time.

A better (independent) test is here but it's from 2019 so things are probably different.