TT 2023

0bserver

9 minutes ago, Keyop said:

Was up at Noble's site on Sunday. Work colleague moaning about the speed of the internet in their phone. So we tested:

Manx Telecom SIM: 0.2 Mbps

Sure SIM: 50 Mbps

That would suggest MT have some bottlenecks in backhaul somewhere, but it's not exactly a scientific test as I don't know how many subscribers each cell had at the time.

A better (independent) test is here but it's from 2019 so things are probably different.

It's because all the UK mobile companies seem to share roaming data with MT and not sure. 

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

My back up 4G router has been next to useless. Airwaves far to blocked already. 

Put a sure sim in it and it will be fine.  Our sure mobiles have been fine throughout while MT has been useless at times.

That should make it much easier for you to delete posts quickly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Keyop said:

Was up at Noble's site on Sunday. Work colleague moaning about the speed of the internet in their phone. So we tested:

Manx Telecom SIM: 0.2 Mbps

Sure SIM: 50 Mbps

That would suggest MT have some bottlenecks in backhaul somewhere, but it's not exactly a scientific test as I don't know how many subscribers each cell had at the time.

A better (independent) test is here but it's from 2019 so things are probably different.

Had no problems with internet at home or mobile most places on island using MT

48 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I wonder how many more hundred years it will take Manx Telecom to decide that there may be a few more people here in early June and they may need to increase capacity on their mobile network.

Mobile connectivity has been the usual shite this week as it has been every TT week for years - just like it was at Tynwald day when none of the Sum Up machines on their network would work.

World class telecoms company or bunch of cowboy chancers who over-charge for extremely poor service?

To most of the paying public they are a bunch of cowboy chancers, to IOMG and their cheerleaders, many on here, they are a world class telecommunications company providing super fast 4G internet and fantastic clear reception for mobiles. We will moan, but I’m afraid, some on here will defend MT to the hilt.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2112 said:

To most of the paying public they are a bunch of cowboy chancers, to IOMG and their cheerleaders, many on here, they are a world class telecommunications company providing super fast 4G internet and fantastic clear reception for mobiles. We will moan, but I’m afraid, some on here will defend MT to the hilt.

Ever been to a football match and tried to use data

29 minutes ago, Dr Beeching said:

Just checked in with Manannán and he says everyone should go home for today. Fog ain't lifting.

Have a look at webcams clearing on mountain! Anti TT brigade won’t be happy, roads still closed & only open between 5-6 except mountain, going to be chaos getting in/out Douglas at 5 😂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Banker said:

Have a look at webcams clearing on mountain! Anti TT brigade won’t be happy, roads still closed & only open between 5-6 except mountain, going to be chaos getting in/out Douglas at 5 😂

They should plan ahead then.  Its been happening for longer than they have been alive.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Ever been to a football match and tried to use data

Yes many times, worked fine. Pretty much anywhere you go in the world these days the WiFi and 4g is noticeably better than here. You know you're home when the buffeting starts.

I've tried both companies, they're both equally shite - both are only too happy to take your money for a service you can barely use, both are completely disinterested if you complain, their only interest is making millions from a closed market.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yes many times, worked fine. Pretty much anywhere you go in the world these days the WiFi and 4g is noticeably better than here. You know you're home when the buffeting starts.

I've tried both companies, they're both equally shite - both are only too happy to take your money for a service you can barely use, both are completely disinterested if you complain, their only interest is making millions from a closed market.

Not my experience at all. Both my home and mobile connections are fine through MT. Even during this past week, including at the grandstand or The Villa Gardens. I wasn’t trying to stream 4k video however. 

• Like 1