TT 2023

0bserver

15 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yes many times, worked fine. Pretty much anywhere you go in the world these days the WiFi and 4g is noticeably better than here. You know you're home when the buffeting starts.

I've tried both companies, they're both equally shite - both are only too happy to take your money for a service you can barely use, both are completely disinterested if you complain, their only interest is making millions from a closed market.

I'm sorry but I just don't believe you. 80,000 people trying to use their phones in a small area. Just won't work. Yes its getting better I agree but its still crap. Same thing here. Its designed for the population we have so 40,000 extra is bound to slow it down. I went to a big game earlier this year in Manchester and my phone didn't work at all from 30mins before the game until about 30mins after.

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Have a look at webcams clearing on mountain! Anti TT brigade won’t be happy, roads still closed & only open between 5-6 except mountain, going to be chaos getting in/out Douglas at 5 😂

Imagine being such a whopper you get pleasure from people struggling to get home after a day's graft. 

Sad little creature. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I'm sorry but I just don't believe you. 80,000 people trying to use their phones in a small area. Just won't work. Yes its getting better I agree but its still crap. Same thing here. Its designed for the population we have so 40,000 extra is bound to slow it down. I went to a big game earlier this year in Manchester and my phone didn't work at all from 30mins before the game until about 30mins after.

You're some boy you. You've just spent the last few pages telling us that the TT is "not a major sporting event", that it is "niche" and that "sky aren't interested".

The, at the first mention of the broadband being crap, you're comparing it to an EPL football match!

I think you need to make your mind up fella. Either MT aren't even capable of coping with a niche, no significant sporting event, or the TT is bigger than you give it credit for?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Beeching said:

Imagine being such a whopper you get pleasure from people struggling to get home after a day's graft. 

Sad little creature. 

But it's the death and carnage you hate isn't it. Today's racing was delayed due to low cloud - for safety reasons.

Surely a slightly longer commute a couple of time a year is small price to pay for greater safety, wouldn't you agree? Or are your masks starting to slip?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

But it's the death and carnage you hate isn't it. Today's racing was delayed due to low cloud - for safety reasons.

Surely a slightly longer commute a couple of time a year is small price to pay for greater safety, wouldn't you agree? Or are your masks starting to slip?

I have no opinion on the commute. I don't have to commute. 

As I said, it's very weird someone would get off on people struggling to get home after a day of work. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Banker said:

Lots of Italians & some Aussies at bray hill this afternoon, also seen bikes from just about every Western European nation about, looks a great success again.

Braddan bridge tonight for another epic race😀

Apparently the hotel in Ramsey is booked on one block booking to a large group from Australia.

It would appear they have overpriced some of the VIP packages around the course.

The really expensive ones at the Grandstand in The Mercury Club seem sold out, but some of the others appear to have got a bit greedy and priced their tickets too high for what is on offer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1