TT 2023

0bserver

9 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Apparently the hotel in Ramsey is booked on one block booking to a large group from Australia.

It would appear they have overpriced some of the VIP packages around the course.

The really expensive ones at the Grandstand in The Mercury Club seem sold out, but some of the others appear to have got a bit greedy and priced their tickets too high for what is on offer.

Seems lots just watching from hedges , people’s houses etc more than ever looking at the tv highlights 

2 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

You're some boy you. You've just spent the last few pages telling us that the TT is "not a major sporting event", that it is "niche" and that "sky aren't interested".

The, at the first mention of the broadband being crap, you're comparing it to an EPL football match!

I think you need to make your mind up fella. Either MT aren't even capable of coping with a niche, no significant sporting event, or the TT is bigger than you give it credit for?

I was comparing it to one football match. Not the premier League. I was saying that the 4g in Manchester is no better than here. There was more folk at one game than the whole TT. Nothing more nothing less. 

IMO The TT has a niche following. The premier League does not.

It's subjective. There is no right or wrong. Niche has no strict numerical definition.

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I'm sorry but I just don't believe you. 80,000 people trying to use their phones in a small area. Just won't work. Yes its getting better I agree but its still crap. Same thing here. Its designed for the population we have so 40,000 extra is bound to slow it down. I went to a big game earlier this year in Manchester and my phone didn't work at all from 30mins before the game until about 30mins after.

Why are 80,000 people all trying to use their phone at the same time in the same stadium ?

For what purpose?

OK your phone didn’t work during the game, (and a  a bit before or after). It’s not the end of the world. Just watch the football. It’s what you went there for after all isn’t it ,  not to test phone network capabilities?

• Thanks 1