TT 2023

0bserver

On 6/5/2023 at 9:13 AM, Derek Flint said:

Evidence from the photos I have seen from a third party source would tend to suggest that a fire had not taken place. However, that is not to say that a small one may have occurred. It certainly wasn't the type of consuming blaze we have come to fear from EV's

Hope that clarifies?

It clarifies you've seen some photos from a 3rd party you haven't named or that the content was ahead of a fire that hadn't yet occurred,which if it had,it may have been a small one. Though obviously it wasn't a consuming blaze,which is a very specific comment about the size of a fire,which you claim photographic evidence that you've seen,suggests a fire had not taken place.   I wouldn't mind that clarifying

Edited by display name

37 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

This is the missing piece of the TT revenue puzzle though. It should be a massive online and subscriber draw but they make almost no attempt to tap into that audience. They have choppers in the sky and live feeds and you could probably get 50-100,000 subscribers signing up without too much effort but it seems that they just can’t get their heads around a model where nobody gets to watch the TT without spending £600 to get here and £10 for every burger.

So what’s TT plus?  It’s a way for people to watch live for £20 a year from all over the world

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I fully agree. As they’d have done that 5 years ago or more if it was really about raising revenue. At £45 each for a two week premium subscriber look in at the practices and racing for 50,000 people that would be over £2M quid. But instead they put it up for free on YouTube after the event. But they sold some hats to people who came here.

What?  It’s £20 a year to watch every minute of every session live from multiple camera angles including the helicopters.

Are you winding us up or has this completely passed you by?

There is an app for most smart TVs and fire sticks, and for android or you can watch from a web browser.

The live feeds are also pirated onto IPTV so there are loads of people watching every session as it happens

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, display name said:

It clarifies you've seen some photos from a 3rd party you haven't named or that the content was ahead of a fire that hadn't yet occurred,which if it had,it may have been a small one. Though obviously it wasn't a consuming blaze,which is a very specific comment about the size of a fire,which you claim photographic evidence that you've seen,suggests a fire had not taken place.   I wouldn't mind that clarifying

I am Happy to post a pic of it on the back of a low loader that has been widely shared as long as it doesn’t get me banned for some reason?

There is no sign of anyone having been cut out or a fire having occurred.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Clearly I am winding you up you angry little man. I’m discussing what the pricing should be not the amateurish set up it is.  

So I don’t get why you are talking about the “missing piece of the TT revenue puzzle”. That post makes absolutely no sense to me.

You talk about the fact they could get 50 to 100 thousand subscribers (they get more) and that they should have a model where people can watch the TT without coming here (they do)

It just reads like you are ranting about something you know nothing about 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

So I don’t get why you are talking about the “missing piece of the TT revenue puzzle”. That post makes absolutely no sense to me.

I’m sure little makes sense to you. I’m not ranting either. Although I think you’ll find you are, which would appear to be your default forum persona. 

4 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

You talk about the fact they could get 50 to 100 thousand subscribers (they get more) and that they should have a model where people can watch the TT without coming here (they do)

It just reads like you are ranting about something you know nothing about 🤷‍♂️

He talks absolute bollocks most of the time & still hasn’t explained why he thinks the Porsche burst into flames, why he accused police of leaking accident photos etc 

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

He talks absolute bollocks most of the time & still hasn’t explained why he thinks the Porsche burst into flames, why he accused police of leaking accident photos etc 

There were no leaked police photos. There were loads of people sat up on the Mountian waiting for the racing to start. They all had cameras. 

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m sure little makes sense to you. I’m not ranting either. Although I think you’ll find you are, which would appear to be your default forum persona. 

Can I please ask that you explain that post to me then because I am clearly thick.

It genuinely reads to me like you didn’t know TT plus existed or understand how it works?  I am happy to be corrected and apologise if you can kindly explain it to me.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dr Beeching said:

There were no leaked police photos. There were loads of people sat up on the Mountian waiting for the racing to start. They all had cameras. 

We know that, but we don’t know why Offshore idiot lied about the Porsche & when told by Derek flint that photos existed showing he was wrong then accused police of sharing them with mates !!

TT is both niche and a globally important sporting event. 

Why? Because firstly about only 0.0005% of the global population will come and see it, and secondly because most people, at least in Western Europe/North America/Australasia have heard of it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Last years Supersport race has had 2.2million views on YouTube.  Views on TT plus will be in addition to that.

This years Supersport race from the weekend has had 364k views just on YouTube so far.

It's worth reminding people that a YouTube view only requires a minimum of 30 seconds and a new one will be registered every time the same person clicks on it (though there does seem to be a daily limit of four or five being counted of repeats).  So it's not the most solid of metrics (though better than nothing).

• Like 1