TT 2023

0bserver

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No if I don’t explain it I’m sure you will get even more irrationally angry and start posting all sorts of bollocks as you’re probably pissed.

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

This is the missing piece of the TT revenue puzzle though. It should be a massive online and subscriber draw but they make almost no attempt to tap into that audience. They have choppers in the sky and live feeds and you could probably get 50-100,000 subscribers signing up without too much effort but it seems that they just can’t get their heads around a model where nobody gets to watch the TT without spending £600 to get here and £10 for every burger.

Ok.

You can’t explain it because you literally posted about how they should do what they are already successfully doing without realising they were doing it 😂

Its called TT+, started last year and is very well received by tens/hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.

You should google it and sign up.  It’s a brilliant service with regular updates and content delivered to subscribers all year round over and above the very good live coverage of every minute of every session.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Asthehills said:

You can’t explain it because you literally posted about how they should do what they are already successfully doing without realising they were doing it

My posts were clear it really isn’t my fault that you lack the clear capacity to understand what was said. Even Roger Mexico has pointed out the flaws in your You Tube comments. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

My posts were clear it really isn’t my fault that you lack the clear capacity to understand what was said. Even Roger Mexico has pointed out the flaws in your You Tube comments. 

I give up.  You are clueless.

Anyway, the haters and told you so’s are about to invade the thread so I am out for the evening.

RIP Raul.  Hopefully the tools wont dine out on the news too much.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

2M views on YouTube is worth next to nothing unless you monetize some of the content. We don’t even seem to be trying to generate revenue out of the millions of people in the world who have awareness of the TT as an event but who can’t come here. 

Are we not getting paid for the TT+ subscriptions?  Surely that must make a profit for government?

43 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Are we not getting paid for the TT+ subscriptions?  Surely that must make a profit for government?

The revenue doesn’t appear to be that much from 2022 neither has there been any mention of costs to compile it so it’s impossible to work out if any profit is made.

So 57,000 people raising £850K means they made about £15 a subscriber for two weeks viewing. Seems remarkably low when a TT hat is around £25 to buy. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-61955853

Edited by offshoremanxman

On 6/2/2023 at 4:40 PM, Ďouglas Peel said:

Ive just left Douglas Rugby club where i spent 6 days camping during practice, this is my 4th or 5th visit,numbers seemed the same as usual.Staff, volunteers, many thanks, food by Woodburn,nice catering vans,tents.Toilets kept decent,good prices  A credit to the Island .i will be back.

They’re now saying that camping is considerably down though. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/decreased-numbers-at-some-campsites-this-tt/

On the MR news this morning they said it was largely being put down to the new elongated itinerary and the cost of travel. So numbers are down for exactly two reasons which government controls. The TT schedule & the SPC fares. 

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

The revenue doesn’t appear to be that much from 2022 neither has there been any mention of costs to compile it so it’s impossible to work out if any profit is made.

So 57,000 people raising £850K means they made about £15 a subscriber for two weeks viewing. Seems remarkably low when a TT hat is around £25 to buy. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-61955853

FFS

One minute you are moaning they aren’t trying to monetise it, then you post a link clearly showing they are and complaining that it’s too cheap.

Last year was the first year and people were unsure if it would work or be good value.

It did work and reviews and feedback were very good so this year should see more subscribers.  Unfortunately it is also a bit of a victim of its own success as now the robbing twunts who refuse to pay for football and f1 and MotoGP can now illegally stream this as well.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I usually have a couple of Irish bikers stay with me for the whole week.  This year however they're only coming today till Saturday. I'll quiz them as to the reduced duration.  They are both farmers and last year they were telling me how much stuff like fertilizer has gone up ridiculously in price. 

6 minutes ago, Broadcasterman said:

They’re now saying that camping is considerably down though. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/decreased-numbers-at-some-campsites-this-tt/

On the MR news this morning they said it was largely being put down to the new elongated itinerary and the cost of travel. So numbers are down for exactly two reasons which government controls. The TT schedule & the SPC fares. 

There’s a cost of living crisis & I don’t think the taxpayers should subsidize bikers to come over, everywhere I’ve been it’s been packed including along the quay which is obviously going to be quieter around 10 as sun gone & people either go home pissed or head for entertainment venues like 1886/Jaks etc