TT 2023

0bserver

10 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Several pages back there was discussion of the meaning of ‘niche’. I suggest that this is it. 

Not really.

As I understand it this lap was more about some filming that is being done than anything else.  Had they opened the lap to everyone there would have been far more but those sort of laps are very difficult to fit into a schedule and with classic sidecars being very temperamental the risk of dumping oil on the track right before a race is too high.

Nothing to do with lack of interest.

• Thanks 1

TT2023

The Trackside bar area is something like 10x better than it was last year, and I would suggest 100x better than when the beer tent etc was behind the Grandstand as it had been for 100 years or whatever.

I would say the whole set up at Nobles Park/Grandstand/Pits/Paddock area is as good as anywhere in the world of motorsport. The interviews with the podium riders after the race is outstanding stuff and all part of the (free) entertainment. These interviews used to be only for the select few press/media within the grandstand building and it is good to see it opened up to the public.

The TT has a sound future, for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Not really.

As I understand it this lap was more about some filming that is being done than anything else.  Had they opened the lap to everyone there would have been far more but those sort of laps are very difficult to fit into a schedule and with classic sidecars being very temperamental the risk of dumping oil on the track right before a race is too high.

Nothing to do with lack of interest.

They could have put the sidecars on afterwards, or just not bothered,  not worth closing a road for was it.

One would hope that the organisers intend to do something with the regulations to address the dwindling sidecar numbers before they go the same way as TT Zero and for much the same reasons IMHO. It was reported that there had been an "emergency" meeting on the subject following the first race. There is mileage in Dave Molyneux' views on machinery but whatever is decided, it needs to be resolved soon in order to give time for preparation for next year. I fear that the organisers may have painted themselves into a corner however.

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

One would hope that the organisers intend to do something with the regulations to address the dwindling sidecar numbers before they go the same way as TT Zero and for much the same reasons IMHO. It was reported that there had been an "emergency" meeting on the subject following the first race. There is mileage in Dave Molyneux' views on machinery but whatever is decided, it needs to be resolved soon in order to give time for preparation for next year. I fear that the organisers may have painted themselves into a corner however.

How can they do anything about the fact the soapboxes are simply just a bit shit? 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

TT2023

The Trackside bar area is something like 10x better than it was last year, and I would suggest 100x better than when the beer tent etc was behind the Grandstand as it had been for 100 years or whatever.

I would say the whole set up at Nobles Park/Grandstand/Pits/Paddock area is as good as anywhere in the world of motorsport. The interviews with the podium riders after the race is outstanding stuff and all part of the (free) entertainment. These interviews used to be only for the select few press/media within the grandstand building and it is good to see it opened up to the public.

The TT has a sound future, for sure.

Thanks for that Mr Phillips.

• Like 1