TT 2023

0bserver

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

There seem to be quite a few people already struggling to get the travel and accommodation they want for next year.

Good news for the event and lots of local businesses 

That depends on why they're struggling.

• Everything already booked up - good
  • Not much available (or overpriced) - bad
Edited by kevster
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Surprised Gizo, la combres , Dr beeching & other anti tt fanatics aren’t calling for cycling to be banned after tragic death in cycling!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/65926606

It is an absolutely tragic accident, they do happen in every sport, I doubt anyone is shugging it off with a 'he knew the risks' type bollocks. Also this, like everest deaths  or any other pathetic comparison was not the responsibility of the IOM Government and funded out of our taxes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Also this, like everest deaths  or any other pathetic comparison was not the responsibility of the IOM Government and funded out of our taxes.

Professional cycling events here, including the British championships in 2017, have been funded by the Manx government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

It is an absolutely tragic accident, they do happen in every sport, I doubt anyone is shugging it off with a 'he knew the risks' type bollocks. Also this, like everest deaths  or any other pathetic comparison was not the responsibility of the IOM Government and funded out of our taxes.

Oh I see, so if there’s any government support for events anyone dies in it should be banned & inquests about rider deaths publicized but if no support it’s ok !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Professional cycling events here, including the British championships in 2017, have been funded by the Manx government.

Not funded by (although possibly supported by) but the end2end was certainly promoted as a reason for people to visit the island by government and has also seen a very unfortunate death.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

but the end2end was certainly promoted as a reason for people to visit the island by government and has also seen a very unfortunate death.

That was an old fella (60s) that had a fairly minor crash and had a heart attack if I recall. 

It's stopped now though.  Participation dropped right off for a variety of reasons.  I did it a few times with 1000+ people. 

Edited by The Phantom