TT 2023

0bserver

7 hours ago, HiVibes said:

From the clues the insinuation is clear, whether that is factual is another matter but lack of reporting by manx radio seems odd, ( well not obvs) great TT so successful!

It was an RTC there were loads of them throughout TT what reporting are you actually wanting, the conspiracy theories on this forum does make me laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2023 at 3:18 PM, John Wright said:

It’s been drawn to the attention of the racing powers that be that the Regulations quote a non existent order. I’m waiting to hear back with c copy determination and, maybe, details of what notice has been given.

Of course, the DoI, being Government/CS, May have felt they only needed to give notice to those directly affected, the teams and police. Letter compliant, not spirit compliant.

The really important thing is that a rider on open roads is covered by the insurance.

Was any relevant documentation and/or explanation forthcoming @John Wright?

With thanks to you for pursuing this.

13 hours ago, Banker said:

You are a ghoul who just revels in horrific deaths to suit a warped agenda 

Eh? If you are a fan of a 'sport' (hardly athletes are they) that claims as many beheadings as Jihadi John it's not me thats the Ghoul.... I just find it odd that Manx Radio use this bizarre euphemism rather than just a factual account.

3 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Eh? If you are a fan of a 'sport' (hardly athletes are they) that claims as many beheadings as Jihadi John it's not me thats the Ghoul.... I just find it odd that Manx Radio use this bizarre euphemism rather than just a factual account.

Is it factual though? I've heard many stories of decapitation at the TT and some that I know that I know the details of are definitely untrue - u can only assume that some others are too.

Not that it makes too much difference, if you die crashing a bike at 100mph plus it's never going to be pretty.

Oh and "non survivable injuries" is not a euphemism and is a factual account, regardless of the gory details.

TT conspiracy theory #768

• Like 2

he is correct  the TT course is too tough for electric bikes  and any more then a lap is   not really   achievable at present , 

no one wants 1 lap races , there are other  electric bike races  world wide  but nothing like the challenge the TT mountain brings , give it a few more years then we might see some advancement in technology ,

even after several Honda Mugen  wins  they have never gone into production  as no one would be able to afford to buy one ,  the universities  who made up the rest of the field  have moved on to other projects now 

and they were boring  to watch  which is not what race enthusiasts want , 

8 minutes ago, Omobono said:

he is correct  the TT course is too tough for electric bikes  and any more then a lap is   not really   achievable at present , 

no one wants 1 lap races , there are other  electric bike races  world wide  but nothing like the challenge the TT mountain brings , give it a few more years then we might see some advancement in technology ,

even after several Honda Mugen  wins  they have never gone into production  as no one would be able to afford to buy one ,  the universities  who made up the rest of the field  have moved on to other projects now 

if the bikes weren't hampered by having to have a chain or belt final drive and had the motor in the wheel itself it would move things on quite a bit , having to keep the electrics 'looking' like a traditional motorcycle is burden on the design team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Omobono said:

The TT course is exactly what should have been used to develop the electric bikes in respect of battery longevity and overall durability, as it was with their petrol brethren over the years (and I'm generally ambivalent to the TT Zero).

Instead through a lack of foresight it was allowed to develop into the sole pursuit of the 120mph lap by a single manufacturer who used it as a testbed for technologies not related to electric motorcycles and with funding that the others could only dream of.

The same ethos is killing the sidecars and is also beginning to infest the supertwins which will go the same way until there is enforced technical regulation to level the playing field and change the emphasis.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The TT course is exactly what should have been used to develop the electric bikes in respect of battery longevity and overall durability, as it was with their petrol brethren over the years (and I'm generally ambivalent to the TT Zero).

Instead through a lack of foresight it was allowed to develop into the sole pursuit of the 120mph lap by a single manufacturer who used it as a testbed for technologies not related to electric motorcycles and with funding that the others could only dream of.

The same ethos is killing the sidecars and is also beginning to infest the supertwins which will go the same way until there is enforced technical regulation to level the playing field and change the emphasis.

I think you've got a point there. This Chief officer fella is giving up a bit too easy if you ask me.

TT zero was ahead of its time and as you say, none of the manufacturers which participated had any intention of making a production product.

Now production electric motorcycles are beginning to be a thing the opportunity is greater than it was but the class needs reimagining.

He may well be right that manufacturers shy away from the TT because it's an extreme test and failure could damage their reputation, but that's the old class of a single lap sprint to the finish at speeds approaching the ice machines.

Perhaps we need to develop the class into something that would appeal to manufacturers and therefore increasingly punters.

Why not simply contact the manufacturers and ask them? I'm sure something could be sorted out. This isn't limited to electric bike manufacturers either, you mentioned the supertwins, a new class which could have been developed in conjunction with manufacturers and teams.

I don't know how much this Chief Officer fella gets paid, but to simply right off the TT's involvement in electric motorcycles - a product which looks likely to become the future of motorcycling - in such a way is very poor. Many of the world's biggest motorcycle brands have used the TT to build their reputation to incredible success - the same could be possible with electric bikes, even if it does take a bit of effort.

• Like 1