TT 2023

0bserver

17 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Some sort of cock up, or they had a good lawyer?

I would imagine a half decent lawyer could pretty easily say they hadn’t had fair notice that it was an offence with any sort of significant consequence.

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

Some sort of cock up, or they had a good lawyer?

I would imagine a half decent lawyer could pretty easily say they hadn’t had fair notice that it was an offence with any sort of significant consequence.

Something must have happened. Maybe the time couldn’t be determined or something. Usually they are like a ton of bricks with this. 

Every time there is someone walking on closed roads prior to racing, this forum is inundated with posters wanting to pillory, and hammer those concerned. It doesn’t send out a good message either, sounds like selective justice. 

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

It's very suspicious. 

"this is not our normal approach to such offending"

Corrupt as fuck.

It’s not corrupt.

There has clearly been some sort of issue putting together the prosecution case.  I would imagine if their first language isn’t English they could very easily say they weren’t aware

11 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Read the story it tells you.

They were given cautions

As I read this, they were given cautions, and Police are now going to hold some sort of internal review into why they were only given cautions. It sounds as though that decision was not supported further up the chain of command, but by that time, it was too late. 

14 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Read the story it tells you.

They were given cautions

So others who may have been punished even more harshly have grounds to appeal their convictions? Fines rescinded and converted into cautions? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2112 said:

So others who may have been punished even more harshly have grounds to appeal their convictions? Fines rescinded and converted into cautions? 

Why would they have grounds to appeal? Just because 1 person had a different outcome to another doesn't mean everyone gets the same punishment.

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

"WE DO NOT GIVE WARNINGS WE TAKE ACTION"

Some people would argue a caution is action I guess, others would argue it is basically a warning. 

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

"...will be dealt with ...[]... no chances are given"

It’s very obvious that they haven’t deliberately let these people off. There has been a breakdown in procedure or policy somewhere and they have fallen through a loophole.

Shit happens, they have said they are reviewing processes so that it shouldn’t happen again.

What is the point of searching out old social media posts?