TT 2023

0bserver

4 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

It’s very obvious that they haven’t deliberately let these people off. There has been a breakdown in procedure or policy somewhere and they have fallen through a loophole.

Shit happens, they have said they are reviewing processes so that it shouldn’t happen again.

What is the point of searching out old social media posts?

Double Standards! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Double Standards! 

Not really.  The same happens day in day out al over the world.

If for some reason there isn’t a cast iron case or a loophole is exploited by a clever lawyer then occasionally people walk away from something others have been punished for.

They are tightening procedures to make sure it doesn’t happen again.  Sure as eggs are eggs the police and the prosecutors aren’t happy about it so any suggestion of double standards or favours being called in is just stupid.

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

They have been made ......not examples! So it's ok for other idiots to do it in futures. 

People are always going to walk on an unfenced and completely empty highway, there are not any signs telling them not to, even first hand witnesses just grassed them up on social media rather than get them off the road, no one thought they were in any danger.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

People are always going to walk on an unfenced and completely empty highway, there are not any signs telling them not to, even first hand witnesses just grassed them up on social media rather than get them off the road, no one thought they were in any danger.

Probably too young to understand the potential implications of their actions.

Try walking on Silverstone racecourse, fenced or unfenced, signs or not, just prior to the commencement of an F1 race and see how you get on.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1

I think the only extenuating circumstances here was that it was only a few minutes after the roads closed, not that that excuses it, but a caution is reasonable I think. It does sound as if the police feel they've let them off too lightly though. Luckily people going on closed roads is not a common problem.

A lot of the Irish road races have different ideas, quite often people will wander into the road between races, the marshals have a whistle which they blow when the bikes are coming and everyone gets back on the hedge. I was amazed the first time I saw it, but I guess with a much shorter circuit and mass starts it's a lot safer than it would be here, it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

33 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

You really are a clown aren't you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I think the only extenuating circumstances here was that it was only a few minutes after the roads closed, not that that excuses it, but a caution is reasonable I think. It does sound as if the police feel they've let them off too lightly though. Luckily people going on closed roads is not a common problem.

A lot of the Irish road races have different ideas, quite often people will wander into the road between races, the marshals have a whistle which they blow when the bikes are coming and everyone gets back on the hedge. I was amazed the first time I saw it, but I guess with a much shorter circuit and mass starts it's a lot safer than it would be here, it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

No, the normal reaction ( arrest and then the punishment, fine or whatever ) may seem over the top but once you let that go where do you end up? People will keep pushing and pushing the boundaries. Does need to be nipped in the bud.I can’t anticipate a case where there could be any mitigating factors.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

You really are a clown aren't you?

In your above post you state that in irish road races they don't do this, and that it was just after roads closed, it was also on the far end of the course on a straight, with no signs telling people not to and no fence to keep them back, add to that TT fans tend to be a bit 'yer know.

There is no logic at play when it comes to TT, it's a celebration of 'anti health and safety', how could a TT newbie on the island for a couple of days pick up all this weird illogical approach, yes you can get pissed up on a hedge right next to bikes passing at 160+ but can't walk on an empty road when no racing on and is perfectly safe.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Probably too young to understand the potential implications of their actions.

Try walking on Silverstone racecourse, fenced or unfenced, signs or not, just prior to the commencement of an F1 race and see how you get on.

That is not even close to being the same thing.  What a stupid comparison 

Not sure I follow the logic on this. If those people were unable to be prosecuted due to a screw up with process/procedure how can they be cautioned? Shirley there has to be a reasonable chance of conviction with due procedure before deciding to issue a caution? Without that reasonable chance then a caution falls away?

• Like 1