TT 2023

0bserver

2 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

It's been widely reported you fuck-wit, and what's with the #everest bollocks? They don't race motor bikes up there do they 

You really are obsessed with people who disagree with you. 

I really don't think it's particularly healthy to spend your life under many and various pseudonyms endlessly feigning outrage on here that somebody or something whom you've never previously heard of has disagreed with you, before excitedly posting your latest little rant.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 0bserver said:

You really are obsessed with people who disagree with you. 

I really don't think it's particularly healthy to spend your life under many and various pseudonyms endlessly feigning outrage on here that somebody or something whom you've never previously heard of has disagreed with you, before excitedly posting your latest little rant.

I wish I'd never heard of you, believe me.

I don't spend my life here unlike your selves, come on, admit it you're here every day aren't you? What a sad life.

22 hours ago, Gizo said:

the carnage continues.

But because its the MGP you won't know anything about it. 

#everest

It's been widely reported. Maybe you're thinking that MGP deaths are not reported, that may be because there hasn't been a death at the MGP since 2015? There have been a few Classic TT fatalities however. 

6 minutes ago, WTF said:

roads closing tomorrow PM now according to random biker.

Also announced on MR this afternoon. Close at 12:30 - 16:30 then 18:00 - 21:00 all for practice. Small bikes out in the afternoon. Big bikes in the evening, followed by small bikes again. 

• Thanks 2

TRhis ties in with, how much should the police reveal, how much should the ACU reveal because we are going to speculate anyway? Why not just reveal the happening anyway, not as though it is not to be unexpected. it's not the problem that the police face, nor the ACU or the CoC, it's when we hear the helicopter overhead, we know that something has happened, serious or minor, that is where the speculation arises???

What is the point of trying to hide this fact???

It is up to the police, ACU, CoC to decide how much or how little information they want to release.

On the other hand we have various parties masquerading as news organisations or journalists. There job is to report news without fear or favour, investigate etc. Those parties, in my opinion,  should "publish" the news as and when they become aware of it unless they have received from official channels and there is some moratorium as to when it can be released.

It seems to me that far to often the news organisations appear to forget that is what they are meant to be and just act like official mouth pieces of the organisations and simply wait until they can reprint a press release for fear of rocking the boat. That does not just apply to serious accidents at the TT/MGP.

I note that several posters have stated with regard to the fatality on Sunday that it has been widely or fully reported. I am not sure I agree as all that seems to have happened is that the organisers fairly standard press release has been regurgitated.  For the incident to be fully reported I would expect a news organisation to make further enquiries, interview eye witnesses and then to make its own decision as to what to publish but none appear to do that.

There was that horrible incident at the Southern 100 which many witnessed and that would have included members of the press but except for the official announcements was anything reported by the press? Now many might argue I am being ghoulish or it is not my business, but much of what is published as news is not really my business e.g. virtually any offence that ends up before the court.  To me it appears that the aim of the organisers assisted by the press is to give the impression that a fatality at the MGP or TT is little different from unexpectedly dying peacefully in your sleep. I think the reporting should be a little bit more truthful not least so that if you decide to go and watch or allow young kids to watch you are aware of the pretty traumatic things you might see, even if the possibility is low. 

I don't expect to see horrific close up pictures and I appreciate that there is a balance to be struck, but it seems at present there is a desperation to say as little as possible when a serious accident happens in the hope nobody notices and it it is quickly forgotten about. Fair enough that is the position of the organisers & supporters, but I don't that think that should be the position of the media.  

Edited by Lost Login
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Sounds like an organisational cluster fuck after the Tuesday practice - @Max Power your earlier comment saying nobody has died in the MGP since 2015 is crass - they still fucking died regardless of what you call the races - poor at best 

I was answering Gizo's point that MGP deaths are not reported, or didn't you bother to read that before jumping in with both feet? 

• Like 2