TT 2023

0bserver

4 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

How fast your fingers react is a whole different ball game as to how fast your whole body can.

You obviously don't have a physical sport reference you have done, so I will stop replying to you.

I played multiple competitive sports from 16-35. The first image is nothing to do with eSports. Just take the L.

13 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

e "sports" 

Snigger..........

How fast your fingers react is a whole different ball game as to how fast your whole body can.

You obviously don't have a physical sport reference you have done, so I will stop replying to you.

Doubt you have any sports experience or even work experience, sounds like a complete loser joining many forums from Essex pretending he’s something he’s not!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

FFS. Totally delusional is the take on that statement.

You may think you are as  quick as you "were" if you really were quick, but you are not

Your brain getting older may tell you are okay but you are really not.

It is a classic case of "the older I get - the better I was................"

No shame in that, it is how we as humans cope with aging.

I am sure my reactions are slower than they were, say 30 years ago, but they are still twice as fast as yours.
Besides, reactions are only a small part of motorcycle racing. Strength, stamina, general fitness, hydration, good blood sugar levels, amongst other things are equally important from a physical perspective. Vehicle reliability, including tyres, brakes, lubricants, fuel (both levels and quality) are also factors, as well as road surface quality, and lets not forget wildlife. 
Blaming age versus reaction time as a core reason for crashes is simply shortsighted and quite frankly discriminatory. In fact, it is rather pathetic. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

e "sports" 

Snigger..........

I played football at a reasonably competitive level until I was 49. My giving up was nothing to do with reaction times either. 

I'm in my sixties now and am easily a better driver and rider than I have been at any time in my life, experience is a very good teacher.

What is more I'm a lot more cautious generally. Numerous research shows that young men are notoriously reckless and disinterested in their own safety. I can back that up personally. Each of the near death (or seemingly so) experiences that I have had were as a young man - over-estimating my own abilities, showing off to friends or girls. 

Now I very much know my abilities and limits, I've had years to get used to them. Are they any worse than they were? There's possibly a very gradual decline, but I'd argue it's more than compensated for by a heightened sense of my own mortality, a good night's sleep every night, a huge reduction in the quantity of intoxicating substances that I consume, a much better diet and a long arrived at conclusion that I'll never be, nor do I need to be, the best at anything.

I'm a much safer man than I've ever been, despite doing things that may be considered dangerous.

I would also question that if you really are ageist re the MGP, why would you wait until after this gentleman has died to express your opinion as such? In the past you have seemed more interested in burger sales than the age of the competitors.

Also it may be more productive if you share your concerns with the ageing competitors concerned rather than anonymously on a (not so local) forum. Although that would require you to grow a pair so perhaps it's easier to continue whining on here.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, wrighty said:

One of my kids told me the difference between TT and MGP (which is what everyone calls the motorbike event in late August) - and they're allowed to have an opinion since they've been here all their life, and aren't therefore a comeover.

TT is a national holiday, MGP is just a nuisance.

I agree, but have not heard it so succinctly put before.

If my kids thought that they can only have an opinion if they've lived here all their lives and formed their opinion on sporting events that are a huge part of the history, culture and folklore of the island, almost uniquely so, purely on what's in it for them regarding time off school, I think I'd be more worried about their education than a few roads being shut for a couple of hours. 

Nowhere is perfect, but having the good grace to appreciate your home is achievable and not something to be discouraged. It's a big, diverse old world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoTail said:

Just heard from a reliable source that Cube who had the merchandise contract are now in liquidation. The holding company is considering its options....

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cube had their fingers well and truly scorched by their TT venture. Large amounts of unsold stock and no sign of price reduction to try and clear it during the TT period's end.

Spar who initially pegged their own merchandise at similar prices reduced their prices by 50% before the end of TT week and their own outlets are still full of it, indicating that the prices were way too high for the TT demographic. Ago Wilson must be pissing himself laughing after being left dangling by the pricks in DfE. Looks like they've struck again.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cube had their fingers well and truly scorched by their TT venture. Large amounts of unsold stock and no sign of price reduction to try and clear it during the TT period's end.

Spar who initially pegged their own merchandise at similar prices reduced their prices by 50% before the end of TT week and their own outlets are still full of it, indicating that the prices were way too high for the TT demographic. Ago Wilson must be pissing himself laughing after being left dangling by the pricks in DfE. Looks like they've struck again.

the merch i saw didn't have dates on it, it will get rolled out next year as that years shirt.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoTail said:

Just heard from a reliable source that Cube who had the merchandise contract are now in liquidation. The holding company is considering its options....

Reliable source is reliable:

image.png.2b62170c0b5eefde9ee3740f381ae8a9.png

image.png.6118625b570b1e238c7dab8ecbde269e.png

Whether they were already in trouble and bid low to get the TT contract to save themselves I don't know.  But it didn't work.  Wonder how much the government etc is owed.