TT 2023

0bserver

This could easily cause a problem for next year. It is already too late to design  order and manufacture for next April/May in the way Roy Wilson did. The AG department typically takes months to draft a new prospectus and then finding a good tender will be difficult. My bet is that there will be no real merchandise next year.

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cube had their fingers well and truly scorched by their TT venture. Large amounts of unsold stock and no sign of price reduction to try and clear it during the TT period's end.

And yet in 2022 Gas Monkey sold out of all of their TT merch in the first few days.  RR was fuming he didn't speculate on more.  It was a shame they weren't so involved this year. 

1 minute ago, The Phantom said:

And yet in 2022 Gas Monkey sold out of all of their TT merch in the first few days.  RR was fuming he didn't speculate on more.  It was a shame they weren't so involved this year. 

Gas Monkey were riding high on a wave of success from both BSB and Hickman's achievements here though, FHO were the team of the moment and everybody wanted to be associated. They weren't trying to come from nowhere with a bland, overpriced range affiliated to nobody?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NoTail said:

This could easily cause a problem for next year. It is already too late to design  order and manufacture for next April/May in the way Roy Wilson did. The AG department typically takes months to draft a new prospectus and then finding a good tender will be difficult. My bet is that there will be no real merchandise next year.

Presumably all that lovely lolly which the DoE thought would be rolling in, will now be dripping in and may eventually give them (say) 40p in the pound?

I wonder what sort of due diligence they did on Cube?

They are such a bunch of failures and wasters. How does this sort of thing keep happening.

19 hours ago, Cambon said:

I am sure my reactions are slower than they were, say 30 years ago, but they are still twice as fast as yours.
Besides, reactions are only a small part of motorcycle racing. Strength, stamina, general fitness, hydration, good blood sugar levels, amongst other things are equally important from a physical perspective. Vehicle reliability, including tyres, brakes, lubricants, fuel (both levels and quality) are also factors, as well as road surface quality, and lets not forget wildlife. 
Blaming age versus reaction time as a core reason for crashes is simply shortsighted and quite frankly discriminatory. In fact, it is rather pathetic. 

I think it will always be called into question though. Particularly where there is more than just the individual at risk. I've been behind 2 "old fossils" on the road today who absolutely should not be driving. 15mph on a clear road, one of them.

I appreciate that it is wrong to tar all with the same brush, but it will happen inevitably. I remember the Salisbury train crash last year in which the driver sustained life changing injuries, and there was a lot of shock and comment about his age which was approaching 75. "And he's still driving trains??!!!".

He was later found to have acted impeccably.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/2022/05/03/news/salisbury_train_crash_driver_acted_impeccably_says_operator-2660015/

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Reliable source is reliable:

image.png.2b62170c0b5eefde9ee3740f381ae8a9.png

image.png.6118625b570b1e238c7dab8ecbde269e.png

Whether they were already in trouble and bid low to get the TT contract to save themselves I don't know.  But it didn't work.  Wonder how much the government etc is owed.

My gut feeling is that they would have been sold a very expensive crock of shit by DfE in respect of potential sales volumes and revenue, one should remember that these are the people who aspire to having the TT matching BSB/short circuit and F1 following, status and coverage.

If Cube were told that this was the sort of market that they would be selling to (and thus paid handsomely for the merchandising rights to), then they've found out the hard way that it isn't.

43 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Presumably all that lovely lolly which the DoE thought would be rolling in, will now be dripping in and may eventually give them (say) 40p in the pound?

I wonder what sort of due diligence they did on Cube?

They are such a bunch of failures and wasters. How does this sort of thing keep happening.

If it's bad/rotten at the top then you can almost guarantee that it's the same further down the line.

2 hours ago, NoTail said:

Does it really matter?

Ramsey  Town  needs a new old persons home and your hospital needs lots of stuff - I am being diplomatic 

Why not spend money from your tax paying residents on those proper problems rather than being just a host to extreme sports website clicks.

Don't you see that is what has happened with the multi million views?

You could set up a website where suicidal peeps shoot themselves in their heads and it would get similar views.

IOM MHKs are responsible for this death fest.

There are VERY FEW peeps going to the island because it hosts a death festival.

The island is very sellable for holidays. It is held back by the motorbike thing

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Does it really matter?

Ramsey  Town  needs a new old persons home and your hospital needs lots of stuff - I am being diplomatic 

Why not spend money from your tax paying residents on those proper problems rather than being just a host to extreme sports website clicks.

Don't you see that is what has happened with the multi million views?

You could set up a website where suicidal peeps shoot themselves in their heads and it would get similar views.

IOM MHKs are responsible for this death fest.

There are VERY FEW peeps going to the island because it hosts a death festival.

The island is very sellable for holidays. It is held back by the motorbike thing

More absolute bollocks !! Those coming on golf holidays, rail enthusiasts etc don’t consider the TT or deaths for one minute, they just avoid those dates as it’s absolutely rammed already 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

New depths have been plundered with this statement. 

I get motorbikes are a bit dangerous for a dull fella like you, and that the truth of what you post varies from wildly inaccurate to pure fantasy, but even you haven't spouted such 100% stonewall bollocks before.

I wonder how many hoteliers or restaurant owners would agree with you?

Edited by A fool and his money.....
Shokin grammer Yessir
  • Like 5