TT 2023

0bserver

44 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

It is held back by the motorbike thing

😂

I had an early morning breakfast meeting in Ramsey today and decided to take the tram. It was rammed. Not just managed to get a seat. Had an excellent breakfast at Studio Umami while watching the couple of hundred bikes parked up outside the old courthouse. Every deckchair taken and the grass outside filled with people. All the cafes were bursting. Back home on the tram and it was rammed. The beach in Laxey was heaving and there wasn’t a parking space to be had. It’s been like that all summer. Huge queues outside both catering establishments. Lots of visitors having lots of fun and spending lots of money and they didn’t seem to be held back by the bike thing whatsoever.

You don’t half talk through your ass and you haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about. You have no idea what’s going on here right now. If you did, your ass would be shut. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

I've been over to Peel today for two concurrent bike shows on the Promenade, it was rammed too with hundreds there, the prom pubs and eateries have done some trade today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

😂

I had an early morning breakfast meeting in Ramsey today and decided to take the tram. It was rammed. Not just managed to get a seat. Had an excellent breakfast at Studio Umami while watching the couple of hundred bikes parked up outside the old courthouse. Every deckchair taken and the grass outside filled with people. All the cafes were bursting. Back home on the tram and it was rammed. The beach in Laxey was heaving and there wasn’t a parking space to be had. It’s been like that all summer. Huge queues outside both catering establishments. Lots of visitors having lots of fun and spending lots of money and they didn’t seem to be held back by the bike thing whatsoever.

You don’t half talk through your ass and you haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about. You have no idea what’s going on here right now. If you did, your ass would be shut. 

Remember its for 3 and a half weeks in 52 and think again..............

8 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I am new here and so should probably be polite, but what a load of crap.

Bikers visit the island from Easter to September in groups.  I see them everywhere.

Other motoring clubs visit the island all summer because of the TT and it’s history.  Porsches, Mazdas owners groups of all sorts and super car clubs.  They spend money.

Some of them move here and setup businesses here as a result of their TT visit.

Motorsport and our motorsport heritage is a huge pull to the island year round.  I type this sat in a room with someone who would have never visited the island other than for TT and who now lives here and employs over 60 people.  We would normally be in our local pub at this time on a Thursday but it’s rammed with tourists so we have it a miss and are at home.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, CrazyDave said:

I am new here and so should probably be polite, but what a load of crap.

Bikers visit the island from Easter to September in groups.  I see them everywhere.

Other motoring clubs visit the island all summer because of the TT and it’s history.  Porsches, Mazdas owners groups of all sorts and super at clubs.  They spend money.

Some of them move here and setup businesses here as a result of their TT visit.

Motorsport and our motorsport heritage is a huge pull to the island year round.  I type this day in a room with someone who would have never visited the island other than for TT and who now lives here and employs over 60 people.

Okay dear, take your meds and sleep well tonight

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

You misunderstand. It's not just been this last week or even the weeks in June. The Island has been bouncing with visitors since Easter. The trams are full every day and the venues and eateries are busy. I don't think I can remember seeing this many visitors for many a year. I know it doesn't fit in with your vision of doom and gloom for us but the reality is that it is nothing like you imagine it to be and your false claim, without evidence, once more, of the bikes putting people off visiting here is just a nonsense. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Okay dear, take your meds and sleep well tonight

Why do you even care? You don't live here, you don't come from here. You have no financial, cultural or residential connection to the place.

Quite aside from talking complete and utter crap, why the interest? Is the place you've moved to really that dull you can't find anything worth moaning about there, or does the very idea of people (lots of them) having fun really eat away at you that much?

• Thanks 1