TT 2023

0bserver

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

You are counting people out as well arenโ€™t you?

I've revised the screenshot selection which states that the released figures do not split that number into incoming and outgoings. But even if you halve it, it's still fanciful IMHO.

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I've revised the screenshot selection which states that the released figures do not split that number into incoming and outgoings. But even if you halve it, it's still fanciful IMHO.

You think 21.5k people over 14 days is fanciful at a time when pretty much every commercial flight was fully booked and we had more private and charter flights in and out then at any other time of the year?

I disagree. ย Your username makes senseย 

Edited by CrazyDave

8 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

You think 21.5k people over 14 days is fanciful at a time when pretty much every commercial flight was fully booked and we had more private and charter flights in and out then at any other time of the year?

I disagree. ย Your username makes senseย 

The equivalent of 8.5 full EZY flights every day for 14 days?

Your username makes sense too, you must work for DfE. Record figures for this year's MGP next is it?

A quick look at the methodology tells me all I need to know about the accuracy of the figures.

Face-to-face interviews were conducted in the departure lounge and vehicle loading areas at the Sea Terminal and at Ronaldsway Airport outside the departure gate. Interviews were conducted to cover the period from 25thย May to 25thย June 2023. Results have been weighted by known passengers departing the Island within that period, with the apportioned number of residents interviewed removed from the figure to calculate overall results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Twitch said:

A quick look at the methodology tells me all I need to know about the accuracy of the figures.

Face-to-face interviews were conducted in the departure lounge and vehicle loading areas at the Sea Terminal and at Ronaldsway Airport outside the departure gate. Interviews were conducted to cover the period from 25thย May to 25thย June 2023. Results have been weighted by known passengers departing the Island within that period, with the apportioned number of residents interviewed removed from the figure to calculate overall results.

thats a period well beyond the TT the interviews should have been restricted to 14 daysย  to get a true account of visitor travelย  then take into account the significant number of locals who specifically choose to leave the island during this period , lies, damned lies ,ย  ย and statistics .ย 

If they say that the road closure is to gather in the racing furniture but then allow some promo workย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  Isn't that dishonest?

Should we condone dishonesty from our Govt?

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

If they say that the road closure is to gather in the racing furniture but then allow some promo workย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  Isn't that dishonest?

Should we condone dishonesty from our Govt?

I think thereโ€™s a difference to having closed roads to the public across the whole mountain, and using the opportunity for a controlled area and period for some publicity - can be made very safe around where DOI are working as opposed to letting anyone up there to do anything. But before we get ahead of ourselves. Did he actually do anything in the mountain today? Or was that just a supposition?ย 

I don't know what happened, I was just reacting to the suggestion, above, that there may have been a promo element.

The important point was that the DoI had said it was to clear the mountain of the racing furniture and let's face it, they have had plenty of time to do so and if they had delayed the clearance to fit in with a promo then that is dishonest?

That's what is about, should our Govt lie to us???