TT 2023

0bserver

1 minute ago, NoTail said:

Well. You say that but the contract with Motorsport Merchandise certainly contained a clause that the government would be responsible for protecting the trademark. After all a lot of money was passed to the government in order to have exclusive rights.

If the lawyers for Cube are worth their salt I am sure they will be pressing the government to carry out their responsibility. 

Why? 

I do not think the type of people that buy RL stuff like this even know what the TT is.

I also cant see that the RL designers do either, as RL would not want to associate itself with a death fest.

If DFE  try to take on RL,  they will make fools of themselves.

You would hope they are that self aware.

Actually, anyone wearing logo adorned clothes needs to check their pride level?

Rather like Roxy, no sorry, lots of manx women digging out their leather pants just for TT week!

Even TT fans in a TT t-shirt look a bit, well, you add a name for them!!!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Interesting as they had been visiting the Island and main retailers only a couple of weeks ago with new designs for proofing by DoE . Pricing and schedule discussed and supposedly all good. Clearly it wasn’t and tbh am so not surprised. Congratulations AG’s office and DoE on your failure for adequate due diligence . Outstanding !! .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

looks like someone in department for enterprise grew a pair of Balls   and saved  themselves from further embarrassment by parting company with cube  , 

but the huge  loss of advertising and event exposure  this clothing has brought to  the TT has been lost now for almost 2 years , 

there are local suppliers who fully understand this market  and have the ability to wholesale to other outlets  and to provide a mail order service for customers world wide , lets hope they get it right next time and provide an affordable range of TT branded clothing  that is seen as good quality  and value for money , 

I hope the person (s) responsible  for this shambles  will be shown the door ! and without the tee shirt ! 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Omobono said:

looks like someone in department for enterprise grew a pair of Balls   and saved  themselves from further embarrassment by parting company with cube  , 

but the huge  loss of advertising and event exposure  this clothing has brought to  the TT has been lost now for almost 2 years , 

there are local suppliers who fully understand this market  and have the ability to wholesale to other outlets  and to provide a mail order service for customers world wide , lets hope they get it right next time and provide an affordable range of TT branded clothing  that is seen as good quality  and value for money , 

I hope the person (s) responsible  for this shambles  will be shown the door ! and without the tee shirt ! 

The main problem with local suppliers is the exorbitant cost for the license to supply the garments with the official logo. Roy Wilson is probably the only one with the necessary experience and finance to cope with this contract but he wanted it last time but DoE put too many hoops to jump through in the way. Not sure if he would be willing to step in at this late notice but he has the contacts for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

The main problem with local suppliers is the exorbitant cost for the license to supply the garments with the official logo. Roy Wilson is probably the only one with the necessary experience and finance to cope with this contract but he wanted it last time but DoE put too many hoops to jump through in the way. Not sure if he would be willing to step in at this late notice but he has the contacts for sure. 

Although they talk about another tender process, I reality, they need to be begging Roy Wilson to pick this contract up and hope that he can get things back on track.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Although they talk about another tender process, I reality, they need to be begging Roy Wilson to pick this contract up and hope that he can get things back on track.

Well he’s let his shop out to hospice & he must be in 80s by now so will he be bothered?

25 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Correct. Time is the essence and it’s running out to source garments from China. The only realistic place that can provide the necessary items ,quantity and acceptable price . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well he’s let his shop out to hospice & he must be in 80s by now so will he be bothered?

My gut feeling saying part of him will be but is that enough for him to take up the reins again and dealing with the DoE for the umpteenth time. Only so many times you can bend and jump through hoops they require you to do. I think he was quite proud of his efforts regarding merchandising and that was not just financial. He actually came out of the shambles of last years offering really well. Apart from his bank balance . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Why would he after the way they messed everyone around last time and then sold these cube clowns as a win? 

36 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Why would he after the way they messed everyone around last time and then sold these cube clowns as a win? 

I understand why you say what you do. But my money would still be on him doing it again as DoE need a get out of jail and he’s the only one that knows the market 100%.

He’s got them over a barrel though so hope they are taught a lesson .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3