TT 2023

0bserver

9 hours ago, Border Reiver said:

What is the contingency for bad weather for the Senior TT on Saturday 10.06.23 ? Will the event be held on the Sunday(weather permitting), and what about the availability of marshals and course officials if the event is delayed.

Will there be a review of the suitability of sidecar outfits for the TT course?

I think we may get a revision of the 2023 schedule

There has to be a reasonable chance we wont see sidecars again. Until the reason for the 3 deaths and one maiming is clearly ascertained, that would be sad, but it would be the right decision. 

• Like 1

Unless we get a high pressure system sat over the island for 2 weeks I can see this being quite a punishing schedule for marshalls. It's almost inevitable the weather will disrupt this schedule at least to some degree.

Lots of wives and partners will not be impressed with this schedule also.

We'll also likely struggle for marshals early and late on in the program big style next time.

https://www.iomttraces.com/racing/page/2023-schedule/

• Like 1

3 days of continual day time road closures including Saturday and Sunday  the locals and retailers will go mad , the new schedule is going to inconvenience a lot of people , and added to that there is no contingency for wet or bad weather , there is nothing wrong with the present programme  tried and tested for years and everyone understands it ,and can work around the 3 main race days , Monday , Wednesday and Friday , plus a post TT at the southern 100 to keep the people here for a little longer  especially as the  Steam Packet cant get everyone home directly after the TT races , 

Also I believe   there will also be less spend in the local economy as the new schedule significantly shortens the period  of activities ,

7 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Also I believe   there will also be less spend in the local economy as the new schedule significantly shortens the period  of activities ,

they’ve been at that for years, having everything at Noble’s Park and ignoring local retailers. They don’t seem to care about the wider economy. 

3 hours ago, Omobono said:

you tell that to the weather , and all the other circumstances that cause a delay to the racing ,  keep it simple !

Totally agree. Sounds idyllic the schedule but reality says its not happening and the inconvenience for marshals and locals is potentially going to be a nightmare. My honest opinion is they will change it before the event.   

15 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Genuine question: did anyone miss them?

There were loads of complaints regarding the loss of the scoreboards  and  to  many   fans they cant understand why such an important piece of TT history has been dumped ,  and in particular no one knew where the rank and file riders who make up the numbers for the TT actually where they were  on the course , the TV coverage as usual only covers the top 5 leaders , and until Manx radio  brought in a rider to commentate  with some machine and course knowelage  on senior race day  they didn't have a clue either , the  add that to the change in riders  Numbers  that Manx radio never tells anyone about ,  then its almost impossible to follow the race by looking at the information in the programme  you could not read the names on the electronic boards and the bikes looked like ants , 

sorry I sound a bit unhappy but it was £60 where we were sitting in the grandstand  hardly value for money , 

but in fairness to the riders it was a fantastic race  and a terrifically long 2 weeks for them they are the real heroes !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1