TT 2023

0bserver

21 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I understand why you say what you do. But my money would still be on him doing it again as DoE need a get out of jail and heโ€™s the only one that knows the market 100%.

Heโ€™s got them over a barrel though so hope they are taught a lesson .

The imbeciles at DfE strung him out until January this year until it was too late for him to have organised things, even if he'd wanted to. They knew full well what they were doing, he'd been doing the business for years and the necessary lead times were well known.

Some might suggest that it was quite deliberate because they'd already made the decision to appoint Cube.

He's got out of the game now, has shown DfE to be a collection of incompetent utter tossers and is probably enjoying his retirement and good luck to him.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The imbeciles at DfE strung him out until January this year until it was too late for him to have organised things, even if he'd wanted to. They knew full well what they were doing, he'd been doing the business for years and the necessary lead times were well known.

Some might suggest that it was quite deliberate because they'd already made the decision to appoint Cube.

He's got out of the game now, has shown DfE to be a collection of incompetent utter tossers and is probably enjoying his retirement and good luck to him.

Agree , he was shafted after the great job he had done. Truth known I reckon the powers that be thought they could make more money . Insisting on on overseeing the internet orders says it all. That has ended well. Muppets the lot of them. I like Roy though only spoke to him a few times.ย 
My money is still on him doing it this next year as he has them over a barrel and hope he makes them pay for there lack of due diligence and loyalty ย 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

This is interesting news indeed. RWs operation is now dismantled.ย  The shop is let and the warehouses have gone. The key staff other than Judith are lost. His key artist has found a few other avenues. We are half way through October.ย  To get that artwork,ย  logistics etc in place is a stretch even for Roy. If the government pay him to get 2024 in play I think he could be persueded. Having said that family health issues will I suspect trump any pleas from red faced bureaucrats.ย 

6 minutes ago, NoTail said:

This is interesting news indeed. RWs operation is now dismantled.ย  The shop is let and the warehouses have gone. The key staff other than Judith are lost. His key artist has found a few other avenues. We are half way through October.ย  To get that artwork,ย  logistics etc in place is a stretch even for Roy. If the government pay him to get 2024 in play I think he could be persueded. Having said that family health issues will I suspect trump any pleas from red faced bureaucrats.ย 

Lots of truth in what you say but I believe heโ€™s still dabbled this last year in various areas . Time will tell. Have the DoE got the humility to ask him though. Somehow itโ€™s going to hurt them to do so.ย 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Lots of truth in what you say but I believe heโ€™s still dabbled this last year in various areas . Time will tell. Have the DoE got the humility to ask him though. Somehow itโ€™s going to hurt them to do so.ย 

You are correct,ย  Roy has been commissioned to do some products albeit limited and it has meant a significant change in business style.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Agree , he was shafted after the great job he had done. Truth known I reckon the powers that be thought they could make more money.

Let's not forget the Vision 9 debacle and a certain civil servant being lined up/lining himself up for a 5% cut of the deal too....

Who knows what went on with Cube being awarded the gig....?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sadly the head of motorsport and some of his henchmenย  don't like to admit failure , and I dont think Royย  has much time for them,ย  after all the messing aroundย  he has had to endure , Roysย  stuff was definatlyย  the best and its good to put the TV on to watch a motor cycle sport event from anywhere in the worldย  andย  you can be certainย  to see someone wearingย  Roys clothing with the TT logo standing out on it , what an excellent advert for the island and the TT ,ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Let's not forget the Vision 9 debacle and a certain civil servant being lined up/lining himself up for a 5% cut of the deal too....

Who knows what went on with Cube being awarded the gig....?

Indeed , you forget about some of these past issues as they are trumped by later ones. Mind blowing what DoE have managed to waste and F*** up. Nobody has taken a hit though apart from tax payers .

• Like 1

It should be pointed out that the whole merchandise operation is high risk high reward. Over the many years RW did the job there were highs and lows. When the foot and mouth hit the financial hit was well beyond the reach or tolerance of most entrepreneurs. Roy is a good guy who has had to put up with a lot of **** in recent years from many who are not commercially minded. I would like to expand but feel it would not be appropriate.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NoTail said:

It should be pointed out that the whole merchandise operation is high risk high reward. Over the many years RW did the job there were highs and lows. When the foot and mouth hit the financial hit was well beyond the reach or tolerance of most entrepreneurs. Roy is a good guy who has had to put up with a lot of **** in recent years from many who are not commercially minded. I would like to expand but feel it would not be appropriate.

Yes youโ€™re right and understand why you wouldnโ€™t want to elaborate further. I have worked in this business to a lesser extent ย for a number of years including the foot and mouth year and it is indeed high risk high reward. But Roy had cracked it and his price point and quality of the garments was always spot on. I wasnโ€™t too struck with a few of his artists designs over the years but all in all they were very ย good . Itโ€™s very hard to come up with originally head turning designs as well I know. Can only wish him well whatever the future brings. Nice guy who despite wanting to make money he was also concerned for his suppliers, retailers and the end customers . ย 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

How does this keep happening?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/cube-international-owes-over-100k-to-government/

It really is astonishing that the IOM Gย  continue to waste taxpayers money.ย  Clearly a lack of DD.

Lessons will be learned.ย 
ย 

Donโ€™t worry itโ€™s only taxpayers hard earned money be squandered and we have lost valuable tax receipts in the process.

Still IOMG are world leading โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ at dick waving.ย 
ย 

Im sure IOMGs cheerleader or rebuttal spokesman will be be posting nice positive vibes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Indeed , you forget about some of these past issues as they are trumped by later ones.ย 

We become almost immune to it after a while. Itโ€™s been good having you here ย Mr Numbnuts, with your knowledge about whatโ€™s going on behind the scenes. Good man.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

We become almost immune to it after a while. Itโ€™s been good having you here ย Mr Numbnuts, with your knowledge about whatโ€™s going on behind the scenes. Good man.ย 

Praise indeed from a poster I respect loads. Thank you Roxanne .

How ironic this news has now come out that Cube owe 100k plus after DoE clearly not carrying out sufficient due diligence . What a disaster that dept is . And once again it would seem tax payers bear the brunt and I really doubt anyone in DoE will lose their job. Paul Philips role in all this needs a close look ! ย 

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Praise indeed from a poster I respect loads. Thank you Roxanne .

How ironic this news has now come out that Cube owe 100k plus after DoE clearly not carrying out sufficient due diligence . What a disaster that dept is . And once again it would seem tax payers bear the brunt and I really doubt anyone in DoE will lose their job. Paul Philips role in all this needs a close look ! ย 

There is very little that is Enterprising in that department.

I've said it before, all the Registry fees that are credited to the DfE should stop and be re-routed towards Health & Education instead.

• Like 1