TT 2023

0bserver

17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No, he's the top banana:

image.thumb.png.0e479561ae11ca6bbb6ea278821101c0.png

You may be getting confused with the four Chief Executives under him in that most prolific of job creation schemes.

I am pretty certain that is just an out of date page.

The CEO became CO earlier this year when they restructured to have the new dude as CEO across everything.

Like I said, it was just being pedantic.

IMG_8319.jpeg

7 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Can anyone on here name a contract or scheme that has come in on budget and on time. Don’t think anyone can. 

Custody block at Douglas.

But we had to break some norms. Saved ninety grand in design fees by letting Wernick design it! Which was all on CAD . Good team, regular meetings, right first time philosophy. 

Just now, Derek Flint said:

But we had to break some norms. Saved ninety grand in design fees by letting Wernick design it! Which was all on CAD . Good team, regular meetings, right first time philosophy. 

Plus the benefit of no pandemic or war.

Projects are over budget world wide and across all public and private sectors since 2019. It’s not an issue unique to Isle of Man or the government.

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Projects are over budget world wide and across all public and private sectors since 2019. It’s not an issue unique to Isle of Man or the government.

And the excuse for the 30 odd years before 2019?

Edited by finlo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

Oh we were fucking up projects looong before those excuses breezed into town!

Lower Douglas Police Station is a case in point. Custody suite on first floor. Van Dock which took more than one van side off. It cost a nosebleed amount of money.

Ah, and Jurby Medical Centre. Two point five million chuffing pounds! 

5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Which was the Police job that failed when they found Vehicles were too high to fit in. Wasn’t that the job .

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Which was the Police job that failed when they found Vehicles were too high to fit in. Wasn’t that the job .

Ah no. That was when someone thought it was necessary (it wasnt) to retrofit a roller shutter to the van Dock on my new custody block. Ambulance no longer fits under.

Lower Douglas was just a cluster from start to finish. Another edifice to incompetence.

1 minute ago, Derek Flint said:

Ah no. That was when someone thought it was necessary (it wasnt) to retrofit a roller shutter to the van Dock on my new custody block. Ambulance no longer fits under.

Lower Douglas was just a cluster from start to finish. Another edifice to incompetence.

So it was the same job ! So it’s a moot point then as it had to be corrected at what expense. ! 
So your claim that it came in under budget and correct  is up for debate . 

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

So it was the same job ! So it’s a moot point then as it had to be corrected at what expense. ! 
So your claim that it came in under budget and correct  is up for debate . 

No it’s not.  Don't be silly.

If I retrofit something to a Dandara house after it’s signed off and I take ownership that stops me using a room it doesn’t mean the project to build the house went wrong

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

No it’s not.  Don't be silly.

If I retrofit something to a Dandara house after it’s signed off and I take ownership that stops me using a room it doesn’t mean the project to build the house went wrong

Beg your pardon but clearly it’s you who’s being silly. If the design was found wanting and had additional work felt needed to make it suitable then that is a flaw in the design. And how do you know it had been signed off as the works were carried out from memory pretty quick after completion of the block. Derek claimed that the design saved them a sum of money but clearly it wasn’t as he claimed. 
Guess it’s my turn to deal with the ‘CrazyDave’ logic. 

Edited by Numbnuts

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Ashford claims during Keys coverage (3FM News) that just 10 minutes of his own online research proved that Cube was virtually insolvent at the time of their appointment as merchandise contractor.

Which is not rocket science to do.

But the fact that he actually did it where others didn’t ( or chose to ignore it if they did) just reinforces the fact that we need him back in a ministerial position.

I know he’s not popular because certain people, not least on this forum think he has a physical resemblance to Dracula. But he is more capable than most of his fellow MHK’s

I await the inevitable abuse.

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Which is not rocket science to do.

But the fact that he actually did it where others didn’t ( or chose to ignore it if they did) just reinforces the fact that we need him back in a ministerial position.

I know he’s not popular because certain people, not least on this forum think he has a physical resemblance to Dracula. But he is more capable than most of his fellow MHK’s

I await the inevitable abuse.

He's only done it after the event though hasn't he?

• Like 1