TT 2023

0bserver

21 minutes ago, WTF said:

could you could point me to where i claimed it was ok please ??

You didn’t explicitly but there was an implication of it in your comparison with Government spending money that they did have. Your use of the word “ whereas” when talking about the two things ( not receiving money you are contracted to receive, as against spending money)

Maybe it wasn’t your intention to imply that one was more acceptable than the other but by making the comparison that’s how it reads.

On 10/31/2023 at 4:38 PM, Boo Gay'n said:

Wannenburgh is calling today for the minister to resign, as someone needs to take responsibility.  He highlights the lack of due diligence before jumping into bed with Cube.

This is exactly the same scenario as Vision 9, if my memory serves me, but didn't civil servants outside Enterprise (in its earlier incarnation) call it out before contracts were concluded?  Plus, didn't that lead to some folk from Enterprise err... 'pursuing other interests', including the Chief Executive?

Great system, civil servants don’t do their jobs properly, political members get ousted, so best way to get rid of any elected person you don’t like in your business is don’t do your job, they get ousted and you get Pat on the back

the public scream about incompetence of some civil servant senior managers but then do  the Civil servants a favour by getting rid of politicians like a revolving door.

meanwhile Hooper still sits as a minister of fresh air while DHSC get lots of new posts to build empire.  The empire we passed to ManxCare. Talk about paying Peter to pay Paul. 

Latest I’ve heard on the new TT contract is that people in the know reckon no one will take it. The hoops to jump through and time passed and the short time to arrange everything is going to mean the couple of serious outfits who could do it won’t even tender. It’s getting close now and actually think expressions of interest have to be submitted tomorrow. Interesting days ahead. 

• Like 1

Not the best demonstration of whether a one way race track for the public's enjoyment is a good idea. The prosecution didn't apparently consider driving the wrong way to be dangerous. Three points and a £500 fine compares favourably to some of the draconian punishments meted out for being on a closed road or using a drone. Is it fit for purpose? 

12 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

The prosecution didn't apparently consider driving the wrong way to be dangerous. Three points and a £500 fine

That’ll be good old-fashioned plea bargaining, withdrawing the more serious charge in exchange for a guilty plea to a lesser charge.

In practice it is always really tough to prosecute old biddies for dangerous driving. As we’ve seen in the UK, you can kill a baby with your driving and still get away with it by playing the “I’m an old biddy” card.

24 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Not the best demonstration of whether a one way race track for the public's enjoyment is a good idea. The prosecution didn't apparently consider driving the wrong way to be dangerous. Three points and a £500 fine compares favourably to some of the draconian punishments meted out for being on a closed road or using a drone. Is it fit for purpose? 

Except if you read it, it wasn't during TT, it was the Monday after and she assumed (incorrectly but not unreasonably) that the roads had reverted to their normal purpose on the Monday, as it had the previous year.