TT 2023

0bserver

On 11/2/2023 at 12:02 AM, Derek Flint said:

Ah no. That was when someone thought it was necessary (it wasnt) to retrofit a roller shutter to the van Dock on my new custody block. Ambulance no longer fits under.

Lower Douglas was just a cluster from start to finish. Another edifice to incompetence.

So who signed it off then?

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, NoTail said:

Still no announcement about the new merchandise contractor. I heard it was 2 in the running. One was told last week that they have not got the contract.  The remaining party has not been told they do have the contract.  Curious!

i heard it had gone to PPE merchandising, they are doing gowns and masks for TT2024 instead of the usual T shirts and baseball caps.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, NoTail said:

Still no announcement about the new merchandise contractor. I heard it was 2 in the running. One was told last week that they have not got the contract.  The remaining party has not been told they do have the contract.  Curious!

It's called preferred bidder status. You have the best bid but the contract is not signed. 

Final cross the ‘T’ and dot the ‘I’ s . People are not going to like it !! Another potential shit show sadly. Hoping to be wrong. 

As for any money they are going to recover from Cube . Not a chance if it’s right what I’ve heard. 
DoE once again have excelled . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a penny seen back yet, despite various promises to the contrary, reports IoMToday.

£160,000 to Govt and £65,000 to local businesses outstanding. Growing with imposed penalties for non-payment.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Confused 1

There now needs to be a full inquiry into precisely how and why Cube were appointed and who in Govt, if anybody, benefited from the appointment.

Screenshot_20240104-073219_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Confused 1

Amazing story that really. Absolute dickheads in charge, obsessed with 'monetizing' the event as much as possible, taking gambles on dodgy firms, pissing off the locals. Wonder what the kickback in the cube contract was? It is completely mad to me that the guy who tried to get the kickback written into the vision9 deal remains employed.

The TT exists only with the support of the public. To see idiocy, greed and corruption repeated further erodes that support.

• Thanks 7

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Amazing story that really. Absolute dickheads in charge, obsessed with 'monetizing' the event as much as possible, taking gambles on dodgy firms, pissing off the locals. Wonder what the kickback in the cube contract was? It is completely mad to me that the guy who tried to get the kickback written into the vision9 deal remains employed.

The TT exists only with the support of the public. To see idiocy, greed and corruption repeated further erodes that support.

I've likened it to the 'The Goose that laid the Golden Eggs' a few times before. Government are all over stuff like this.

'The tale has given rise to the idiom 'killing the goose that lays the golden eggs', which refers to the short-sighted destruction of a valuable resource, or to an unprofitable action motivated by greed.'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I told you all this was going to happen. Also the new firm awarded the contract was due to be announced by mid December at the latest. Once again the operation from a cost point of view is going to be compromised as it will be to late to source from China which will mean garments will once again be costly. Also Chinese New Year will make it a no go. They really are incompetent in DoE and add in the AG’s office it’s a total shitshow. Once again it’s the people who spend the money to get here getting rinsed.  

• Thanks 2