TT 2023

0bserver

1 minute ago, derangedMFer said:

It seems most people find the total shite you post confusing you looney. It’s probably you not them to be honest given how totally fried your head clearly is πŸ˜‚

Cheers cuey, but the proposed arrangements are the same as last year so my most should only really confuse the most easily confused.

Β 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, derangedMFer said:

You really are mental. This is really funny now. How many forum nervous breakdowns can you have through how many lame forum characters? What a serious fucking loon.Β 

You must be at 20 accounts in a fortnight and you can even disguise who you are.

I have no other accounts here and would put my kids lives on that.

Go for a lie down fella

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not a biker but I wondered if this headlong race to ZEMO (zero emmisions at the tailpipe) and the process of eliminating ICE by fines (price hikes for buyers)for manufacturers if they don't meet ever increasing % of EV sales will be the end of the TT?

With sales of EV's bikes falling as a % (maybe because people are buying ICE while they still can) would the increasing price due to fines also push up the cost of insurance (i.e. replacement costs go up)?Β 

No doubt DEFA have got to grips with the new laws (which Labour have said they'll revert from 2035 back to 2030 or 6 years from now) and the potential impact on the future of the TT. Or will it just decline into a vintage nostalgia event like Goodwood but for bikes?*

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 5:24 PM, Omobono said:

Roy Wilson and his daughter did a fantastic jobΒ  not only providing top quality TT branded clothingΒ  at reasonable pricesΒ  Β that promoted the eventΒ  world wide , but also gave generously to motorcycle clubs andΒ  rider related charities, he was treated disgracefullyΒ  by certain people in the motorsport group ,and I hope a day of reckoningΒ  Β is not far awayΒ  these people are not worthy of being called civil servants ,and the politicians with responsibliltyΒ  for oversight of the division are a disgrace ,

I was in the Book Company in Castle Street today, and they are selling off a large quantity of last year’s TT merchandise at 50-60% of the prices they were last TT. Whilst the quality is obviously unchanged, these prices are more realistic. The lady behind the counter confirmed that his was not stock they’d had left over but was β€˜bankrupt stock’ they’d bought from whoever was tasked with selling it off. My guess is that they’ll have got it for next to nothing.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's a hit more to it than that. Manx suppliers have been left high and dry. So govt in their infinite wisdom have stepped in to help by buying up the stock and providing it to some retailers almost free. Another unauthorised use of tax payers money......

Β 

(I have this story from a good source)

• Like 4

And all this on top of a Β£1 million overspendΒ  by the motorsport division on 2023 TT , time someone was walking for this crass incompetence , do we know who will be providing the 2024 merchandise yet ?Β  only 12 weeks to goΒ  for it going on sale !Β  comes around really quick ,Β 

1 hour ago, NoTail said:

There's a hit more to it than that. Manx suppliers have been left high and dry. So govt in their infinite wisdom have stepped in to help by buying up the stock and providing it to some retailers almost free. Another unauthorised use of tax payers money......

Β 

(I have this story from a good source)

There was Β£65k owing to local concerns by Cube so I'd guess that Govt are trying to make good as much as they can of that.

The growing Β£160k that Cube owe Govt itself is another matter...

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

There was Β£65k owing to local concerns by Cube so I'd guess that Govt are trying to make good as much as they can of that.

The growing Β£160k that Cube owe Govt itself is another matter...

Quite correct. This can be seen as an altruistic gesture by govt, maybe even the right thing to do. Unfortunately this seems to be unauthorised use of taxpayers money.

• Like 1

Should 'Manx Residents' be held in any way responsible to cover the debts of any TT based business?

They jump on a dubious bandwagon hoping to score a quick profit from a 2 week period and then fall on their face!

Let them fall!!! Support businesses that contribute to all of the 52 weeks of the year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kopek said:

Should 'Manx Residents' be held in any way responsible to cover the debts of any TT based business?

They jump on a dubious bandwagon hoping to score a quick profit from a 2 week period and then fall on their face!

Let them fall!!! Support businesses that contribute to all of the 52 weeks of the year.

But a lot of these local outlets aren't purely "TT-based". They take on TT merchandise during the period in addition to their normal lines, in good faith. It's not their fault that IoMG are apparently incapable of undertaking any due diligence on their contractors and are now in hock to the total tune of Β£225k with little chance of recovering it.

There would appear to be little chance now of anything being recovered from Cube. No, the taxpayers shouldn't be bearing it but how else are already pressed local businesses going to be reimbursed?

Perhaps we should re-acquire the sum from the pay, pensions and benefits of those in DfE who fucked up (again) in the first instance? Win - win.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

But a lot of these local outlets aren't purely "TT-based". They take on TT merchandise during the period in addition to their normal lines, in good faith. It's not their fault that IoMG are apparently incapable of undertaking any due diligence on their contractors and are now in hock to the total tune of Β£225k with little chance of recovering it.

There would appear to be little chance now of anything being recovered from Cube. No, the taxpayers shouldn't be bearing it but how else are already pressed local businesses going to be reimbursed?

Perhaps we should re-acquire the sum from the pay, pensions and benefits of those in DfE who fucked up (again) in the first instance? Win - win.

Does anyone know who signed the Cube contract?

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Does anyone know who signed the Cube contract?

They'll be another nameless public servant, above any accountability or criticism. It's not the "done thing" for these things to be in the public arena.

It's very "unsettling" and "demoralising" for the public sector to be held publicly responsible for their foul ups so it doesn't happen.

• Confused 1