TT 2023

0bserver

48 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

So is it the taxpayer forking out almost a million quid on insurance?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/cost-of-insurance-for-islands-road-races-increases-by-18/

Yes.

Looking forward to it.  It should be a great event and it’s always brilliant to see the island so busy.

The latest build up clips online are being well received and getting plenty of views and motorbike forums are full of chat from people planning their trips and looking forward to coming here and spending their money.

It looks like the cancellations in NI are going to mean the Southern is also very well attended. It’s a shame we can’t get some more events in and capitalise on the lack of racing elsewhere.

46 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

And the enormous amount of revenue it brings to the island, and props up the hospitality sector 

All about the money as usual - you’ll be crossing your fingers when the sidecars go down Bray Hill. 

Propping up hospitality  = 2 x French guys and a Father & Son.

Ooooooooh fast bikes….

I am aware from your previous posts that you Volunteer your time to assist in the process - but saying you are part of the “Orange Army” as some sort of badge of honour amuses me

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Fucking death race hopefully last time ever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Christian said:

And the enormous amount of revenue it brings to the island, and props up the hospitality sector 

Anyone who has laughed at this and doesn’t believe that many of the hospitality businesses we all enjoy using year round wouldn’t still be here without TT and FOM is an idiot.

You can hate the TT, but to not accept it keeps lots of places open is just stupid.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Anyone who has laughed at this and doesn’t believe that many of the hospitality businesses we all enjoy using year round would still be here without TT and FOM is an idiot.

You can hate the TT, but to not accept it keeps lots of places open is just stupid.

It’s pretty sad that this is the case really.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Anyone who has laughed at this and doesn’t believe that many of the hospitality businesses we all enjoy using year round would still be here without TT and FOM is an idiot.

Wow - just absolutely wow.

Essentially let people die on public roads at tax payer expense to fund burger vans - or have I missed your point?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

All about the money as usual - you’ll be crossing your fingers when the sidecars go down Bray Hill. 

Propping up hospitality  = 2 x French guys and a Father & Son.

Ooooooooh fast bikes….

I am aware from your previous posts that you Volunteer your time to assist in the process - but saying you are part of the “Orange Army” as some sort of badge of honour amuses me

I’m not here to amuse you, you patronising ignorant ‘person’ (aka coward with an anonymous profile) . But in other news. I f@cling live the TT, bikes in general, MotoGP, rallying and F1 and will support it whenever and however I can #orangearmy

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Wow - just absolutely wow.

Essentially let people die on public roads at tax payer expense to fund burger vans - or have I missed your point?

And yet there is a massive business in Nepal that is focussed on people climbing Everest - which has killed waaay more people than the TT but you aren’t advocating stopping that? Wait - actually, letting people do stuff and excepting risk for the benefit of themselves, and thousands of enthusiasts which benefits the economy could actually be ok. IMHO. So shhhhhh please. There’s always a boat in the m…. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

I’m not here to amuse you, you patronising ignorant ‘person’ (aka coward with an anonymous profile) . But in other news. I f@cling live the TT, bikes in general, MotoGP, rallying and F1 and will support it whenever and however I can #orangearmy

I think our understanding or versions of ignorant are quite some way apart- cost of life v cost of burgers 🍔 

5 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

And yet there is a massive business in Nepal that is focussed on people climbing Everest - which has killed waaay more people than the TT but you aren’t advocating stopping that? Wait - actually, letting people do stuff and excepting risk for the benefit of themselves, and thousands of enthusiasts which benefits the economy could actually be ok. IMHO. So shhhhhh please. There’s always a boat in the m…. 

Whilst I support the TT the comparison with Everest isn't great.

Yes, the Nepalese Government tries to control access to the Mountain but if they stopped this and stopped companies from guiding people yo the summit then people would do it anyway.

The TT by comparison requires the cooperation of the Manx Government and the Manx population to close the roads and allow the racing to take place.

If that consent is withdrawn then the TT has no future.  You cannot run it on open public roads.