TT 2023

0bserver

18 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

And yet there is a massive business in Nepal that is focussed on people climbing Everest - which has killed waaay more people than the TT but you aren’t advocating stopping that? Wait - actually, letting people do stuff and excepting risk for the benefit of themselves, and thousands of enthusiasts which benefits the economy could actually be ok. IMHO. So shhhhhh please. There’s always a boat in the m…. 

Way more - I don't think so. As of recent count it's 310 on Everest and 265 in the TT. %age wise the TT is safer.

48 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Anyone who has laughed at this and doesn’t believe that many of the hospitality businesses we all enjoy using year round wouldn’t still be here without TT and FOM is an idiot.

You can hate the TT, but to not accept it keeps lots of places open is just stupid.

Any ‘business’ that think they have a business due to the TT ISN’T a business. 

flipping burgers in order that some unidentified bloke can smash his body into smithereens is not a business model. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Any ‘business’ that think they have a business due to the TT ISN’T a business. 

flipping burgers in order that some unidentified bloke can smash his body into smithereens is not a business model. 

Take these events away and many of our hotels would close.

There would be no camp sites for locals to use.

Pubs would close.  Restaurants would close.

If you think it’s just the odd burger stall and that we wouldn’t miss some of the places that would cease to be viable then you are clueless.  

Of course, growing the population would reduce these places reliance on the TT but people moan about plans to do that as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Asthehills said:

If you think it’s just the odd burger stall and that we wouldn’t miss some of the places that would cease to be viable then you are clueless.  

Of course, growing the population would reduce these places reliance on the TT but people moan about plans to do that as well.

Utter horse shit

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

The hotels are closed, read the Claddaghs thread, pubs and restaurants are closed and closing.

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

Utter horse shit

Go and speak to the people who run the businesses I have talked about and ask them.

Hotels and guest houses near enough double their prices or more and are booked solid for the best part of four week.

Puns that are normally empty most of the time are rammed every evening and most afternoons.  Ask them 

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Growing the population isn't for the benefit of said population.

Just now, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The hotels are closed, read the Claddaghs thread, pubs and restaurants are closed and closing.

I am sat in a pub now.  The owner is quite clear about the fact that if there was no motorsport I wouldn’t be able to be sat here now.  It would be closed as unviable

3 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Refer to @Gizo post about business model- point proved

Send them down Bray Hill to keep my Saturday pints flowing 

Where have I said that?  I have simply said that the TT and FOM keeps some places going and that if many of those places closed the island would be an even more boring place to live.

I even stated in my post that you can hate the TT but that that particular point stands.  I stand by that.

Take the events away and without government support we would have very limited food, drink and accommodation options.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I am sat in a pub now.  The owner is quite clear about the fact that if there was no motorsport I wouldn’t be able to be sat here now.  It would be closed as unviable

Still utter horse shit. So the extra pints he sold in Killing week has kept him open till February the following year? Nothing to do with the locals who have been keeping him open for years. Take your head for a wobble Paul Phillips. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2