TT 2023

0bserver

7 hours ago, Max Power said:

Which amateurs? Have you even bothered to have a look at the workmanship and design which goes into one of these outfits?

Yeah they're not all working to cutting edge F1 tech. Half of these outfits are bodged together in a garden shed/garage. 

14 hours ago, Max Power said:

That's quite an allegation, you don't know that there was any mistake, just wild speculation as usual. Do you mean that something can't break despite being sound when examined previously? You don't know much about motorsport, engineering or metallurgy.

What makes you call scrutineers amateurs? You obviously know nothing about them either. 

It was mainly a reference to the information that they were pulled in by Marshall’s twice in the week once by a TM in Parliament Square and once at Mountain Box both times for reports of a loose fairing.

But that probably doesn’t fit the narrative.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

It was mainly a reference to the information that they were pulled in by Marshall’s twice in the week once by a TM in Parliament Square and once at Mountain Box both times for reports of a loose fairing.

If that is true then surely another investigation needs to be carried out as to why the bike was not put through a "nut and bolt" inspection? After the Black Flag events.

I am not a fan of the TT anymore, but if it wants to survive, it needs to be open and honest when things like this happen.

As I said, if the Black Flag incidents are true, that shows a total lack of record keeping at least?

And a disregard for basic Health and Safety procedures?

Risk assessment for any type of activity needs this type of event recording which then helps to prevent accidents.

In the construction industry for example, the 2 black flags could be compared to "Near Miss" events, which when they occur in short order like this would mean proper investigation as to the cause - quickly

The result would be to suspend the activity involved , until the events are investigated - (stop that specific bike racing, in this case),not the whole race, until it is established what caused the black flags and if it has been fixed

NOT a lot of " No one could have seen what was happening to the fairing at speed" From the organising company, who are ultimately responsible for H&S on events they run.

If that the bike had already been stopped twice suggests that the accident could well have been prevented if proper risk assessment procedures were in place and followed.

Imagine if the fairing deformity had caused the bike to get airborne and it had gone into the grandstand at the end of the pit lane?

That may sound extreme but didn't David Molineux's (spelling?)  bike not go airborne over the bump after Kirk Michael a few years ago?

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

If that is true then surely another investigation needs to be carried out as to why the bike was not put through a "nut and bolt" inspection? After the Black Flag events.

I am not a fan of the TT anymore, but if it wants to survive, it needs to be open and honest when things like this happen.

As I said, if the Black Flag incidents are true, that shows a total lack of record keeping at least?

Risk assessment for any type of activity needs this type of event recording which then helps to prevent accidents.

In the construction industry for example, the 2 black flags could be compared to "Near Miss" events, which when they occur in short order like this would mean proper investigation as to the cause - quickly

The result would be to suspend the activity involved , until the events are investigated - (stop that specific bike racing, in this case),not the whole race, until it is established what caused the black flags and if it has been fixed

NOT a lot of " No one could have seen what was happening to the fairing at speed" From the organising company, who are ultimately responsible for H&S on events they run.

If that the bike had already been stopped twice suggests that the accident could well have been prevented if proper risk assessment procedures were in place and followed.

Imagine if the fairing deformity had caused the bike to get airborne and it had gone into the grandstand at the end of the pit lane?

That may sound extreme but didn't David Molineux's (spelling?)  bike not go airborne over the bump after Kirk Michael a few years ago?

All really well made points. You'll be shot down by the TT-apologists. 

They like to pretend that it's some kind oh highly technical event with world leading tech, like F1, when really it's just a bunch of amateurs working out the back of a transit van and a pop-up gazebo.

There will never be scrutiny or accountability, the grubby little relationship between Government and the organising body (ACU Events or whatever they're called this week) sees to that.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 1:00 PM, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

On 3/4/2023 at 2:38 PM, Blade Runner said:

It’s my understanding that there is a procedure for checking things reported following a black flag. 
It wouldn’t have got through pre race inspection if there was anything obviously wrong. 
That’s not to say that every single defect is visible to scrutineers. The rider and team are totally responsible for the preparation of their machine. The scrutineer is only a final check.

The TT and MGP is the only motorsport event where machines are checked every time they go out on the course. All other events have scrutineering at the beginning only! 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I would not have that any other way, I am well used to people having opinions that vary drastically from mine, I have no problem with that, it makes for a good debate.

I also know that you're not supposed to do this - but to me it is blatantly obvious that Observer, Helmut Fromage, Hi-vibes, News desk and a number of other names from the past are in fact the same person.

There simply can't be that many people around with such little wit who enjoy such poor taste, poor quality trolling, regularly dressing up pure bullshit as fact.

I fully expect to get banned for this, when I have alluded to it in the past which ever alias is logged in at the time is very quick to report the post resulting in a ban (snitching suits the personality)  - I really couldn't care less, I waste too much time on here as it is.

I just think it's sad that such a pathetic individual has nothing better to do than to devote hours every day to persuading others that their bigoted, perverse view of the world is much more popular than it actually is.

See you in June 😀.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I would not have that any other way, I am well used to people having opinions that vary drastically from mine, I have no problem with that, it makes for a good debate.

I also know that you're not supposed to do this - but to me it is blatantly obvious that Observer, Helmut Fromage, Hi-vibes, News desk and a number of other names from the past are in fact the same person.

There simply can't be that many people around with such little wit who enjoy such poor taste, poor quality trolling, regularly dressing up pure bullshit as fact.

I fully expect to get banned for this, when I have alluded to it in the past which ever alias is logged in at the time is very quick to report the post resulting in a ban (snitching suits the personality)  - I really couldn't care less, I waste too much time on here as it is.

I just think it's sad that such a pathetic individual has nothing better to do than to devote hours every day to persuading others that their bigoted, perverse view of the world is much more popular than it actually is.

See you in June 😀.

You missed me off the list then?

My opinion is that you are talking nonsense.

I guess that's my opinion to which I am entitled.

I don't expect to get banned. 

I won't see you in June. Last year was my last TT for the foreseeable. 

11 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

Related as it’s mentioned earlier. The NW200 is now going ahead. Funding was found due to the positive impact on the local economy. I for one am very happy about this (as I already had my ferry booked) 👏🏼

This’ll be a kick in the teeth for some of the anti-motor sport clowns

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yes, there are only eight billion people on the planet.  It's impossible that more than one of them would disagree with you on anything.  The other 7,999,999,998 must be singing the praises of your wisdom endlessly.

I doubt that you will be banned as it's so vague and such self-evident nonsense, even ignoring that some of the commenters you name have wildly different posting styles.  But people do occasionally make this madly narcissistic accusation on MF and it never fails to make them look silly.  I suppose it's the ultimate conspiracy theory: "Everyone is against me and they're all the same person".

19 hours ago, Steve_Christian said:

Related as it’s mentioned earlier. The NW200 is now going ahead. Funding was found due to the positive impact on the local economy. I for one am very happy about this (as I already had my ferry booked) 👏🏼

Excellent news especially if it’s privately funded - however I’ve not seen any press or announcements that it’s happening?

22 hours ago, Happier diner said:

You missed me off the list then?

My opinion is that you are talking nonsense.

I guess that's my opinion to which I am entitled.

I don't expect to get banned. 

I won't see you in June. Last year was my last TT for the foreseeable. 

You have a different posting style. You usually talk nonsense and I disagree with 99% of what you say, you also spout a lot of pure bullshit on occasions but I still have a begrudging respect for you. The forum would be a poorer place without you.